In need of expert Regent traveler's opinions.

I like luxury, but also newer bathrooms and such. I spend a lot of time in hotels on the road due to my job. So I like nice hotels. :)

Not sure how long you are planning to stay, but consider the La Gare Venezia MGallery Hotel by Sofitel in Murano. Murano is the "glass island" and only a short vaparetto ride to Venice. Around 4 pm all the tourists leave and you have Murano to yourself. It's a beautiful and quaint city. The La Gare was a former Glass Foundry and we really enjoyed staying there. They will pick you up in their "limo boat" at the airport for no charge. Well worth considering.

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-7353-lagare-hotel-venezia-mgallery-by-sofitel/index.shtml

Not sure how long you are planning to stay, but consider the La Gare Venezia MGallery Hotel by Sofitel in Murano. Murano is the "glass island" and only a short vaparetto ride to Venice. Around 4 pm all the tourists leave and you have Murano to yourself. It's a beautiful and quaint city. The La Gare was a former Glass Foundry and we really enjoyed staying there. They will pick you up in their "limo boat" at the airport for no charge. Well worth considering.

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-7353-lagare-hotel-venezia-mgallery-by-sofitel/index.shtml

Looks like a lovely hotel and definitely peaceful being away from the crowds. Jean.

iticlaudia, If you are still within 14 days of making your deposit, you should look at the member referral credit thread (the last couple of pages). You can get a $250 credit towards this cruise. Myself and other regular posters have their email addresses posted there. Your travel agent simply calls Regent with the information. We LOVE the Voyager, you will have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the advice on Venice. Any advice on Monte Carlo/Nice?

We will be flying into Nice around 1pm.

Would it be better to stay in Nice and then make our way to Monte Carlo and the ship or stay in the Monte Carlo?

Thank you for all the advice on Venice. Any advice on Monte Carlo/Nice?

We will be flying into Nice around 1pm.

Would it be better to stay in Nice and then make our way to Monte Carlo and the ship or stay in the Monte Carlo?

We have done this three times and stayed at the holiday inn in Nice. It is actually very nice. And in a nice neighborhood.

Hi Claudia,

My husband and I have been cruising with Regent since 2001. Have been on all the ships. We did a Baltic cruise on the Voyager in

August 2003 and loved it. I'm now 68 and my husband is now 71. We have never been the youngest passengers on any our our

cruises and really don't care what age group is onboard. We always meet people no matter their age. We book a cruise based on the

itinerary...not the ship. We did a second New England cruise October 2017 on the Navigator and had a great time. This ship doesn't appeal to most people for a variety of reasons. I would suggest a Baltic cruise if you have not been to that region. We are booked for a Baltic cruise in August 2019 on the Explorer. From Stockholm to Southhampton. As far as the weather in the Baltics... who cares. Just pack what you

need and have a great time. The Explorer is a beautiful ship and the itinerary is great

Why do you think Navigator does not appeal to most people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Relatively small, limited view lounge space, limited restaurant choices, and cruises like a cork...even with stabilizers.

The large basic suites are its chief drawing card. Larger than Mariner’s and the same size as Voyager’s. And if you want to get to know a higher percentage of your fellow passengers onboard, it has the smallest number of passengers...

We did not book pre or post cruise hotels with Regent. Anyone have a favorite hotel in Monte Carlo/Nice and Venice?

We are in concierge and I think Regent has us in the Fairmont in Monte Carlo, but we are extending our stay in Venice by a couple days and I believe my mother-in-law has us book at Hotel Antiche Figure https://www.hotelantichefigure.it/location/

Seems to be reviewed quite well.

We are in concierge and I think Regent has us in the Fairmont in Monte Carlo, but we are extending our stay in Venice by a couple days and I believe my mother-in-law has us book at Hotel Antiche Figure https://www.hotelantichefigure.it/location/

Seems to be reviewed quite well.

The Fairmont is the hotel I was looking at in Monte Carlo. Boscolo in Nice was the other.

Just booked our flight to Nice today. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Finally thinking about what to pack. Can someone tell me about the laundry services? DIY or send out? Thanks!!

I believe that it's a free send out laundry service however, there is always a laundry on each deck which is also free to use on a DIY basis.

Finally thinking about what to pack. Can someone tell me about the laundry services? DIY or send out? Thanks!!

I think your cruise is participating in the free laundry promotion. Given a choice between free laundry and the hassle of finding an open washing machine then doing my own I would go with the free laundry every time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think your cruise is participating in the free laundry promotion. Given a choice between free laundry and the hassle of finding an open washing machine then doing my own I would go with the free laundry every time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had the pleasure of having the free laundry promotion. Place your laundry outside your door by 9am, your cabin attendant returns it to you by 5:00 pm. We were in heaven. Btw, hubby who had no idea about the free laundry controversy. His remark was, with the money we are paying, the laundry should be included. [emoji3]

You should call your travel agent to find out if your cruise is included.

Just heard back from my travel agent and I'm so excited that laundry is included!

This will make it so much easier to plan our packing.