First timer Regent Cruiser Checking In

Good morning! We’re waiting for our slightly delayed connecting flight from Brussels to Nice and then into Monaco to board the Voyager. I must say Brussels Air Business Class is wonderful. The parting gift to each BC pax was a generous size box of Belgium chocolates. The lounge we’re waiting in at terminal A is large and spacious with many amenities. This will be our first Regent experience, therefore our impressions will be in comparison to mass market cruising which we have been doing for 20 years. I’ll be snapping lots of pics of the ship and excursions as we go along. First pic here’s the chocolate [emoji3]07a97850c99e2981802dcdaca0e57700.jpg

We are also first time Regent cruisers. We don't depart until Nov. so I am really interested in your thoughts on Regent vs. other cruise lines. Like you we are also 20 year cruisers, the lion share on Royal Caribbean. So.... looking forward to your posts. Have a wonderful time!

We are also first time Regent cruisers. We don't depart until Nov. so I am really interested in your thoughts on Regent vs. other cruise lines. Like you we are also 20 year cruisers, the lion share on Royal Caribbean. So.... looking forward to your posts. Have a wonderful time!

You're going to feel so, so spoiled.

Well your going to have a great cruise. Just sit back and enjoy while the world goes passed. We're kind of first time cruisers with just 2 cruises behind us and we enjoyed both and looking forward to 3 more coming up soon. Looking forward to reading about yours. Rick

I’m sitting here on our verandah at 6:45 am. No jet lag for this gal. lol Our gateway city is JFK. But since we only booked the cruise 6 months out or there was never any Air France seats on the direct JFK -Nice flight the direct flight wasn’t an option for us. Anyways, the Regent Rep waiting for us at the Nice airport with a porter, and an SUV taxi waiting. Needless to say we were on the ship and in our cabin within five minutes of arriving at the pier. Our luggage arrived within the half hour.

For those wondering, there is NO World Cup being shown on the ship. This really surprises us.

Last night we just chilled out in the lovely sitting area outside Horizon Lounge. The bartenders circled frequently. Also had very nice conversations with our fellow pax. 0f433b8f705593c76c6451e6acef935b.jpg

Today we are tendering to Antibes. We chose the St Paul de Vence excursion. Hubby just brought me up a cappuccino from the coffee connection. Talk to you later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Today we are tendering to Antibes. We chose the St Paul de Vence excursion. Hubby just brought me up a cappuccino from the coffee connection. Talk to you later.

St Paul de Vence is a very special place, enjoy!

Sad note about the World Cup. But what a beautiful view to forget all about it. Reading the results on my veranda with a cup of coffee; you can't feel sad for me.

9 more days! See you in Barcelona.

Sad note about the World Cup. But what a beautiful view to forget all about it. Reading the results on my veranda with a cup of coffee; you can't feel sad for me.

9 more days! See you in Barcelona.

I suspect this is because Regent is so oriented towards the American passengers, and interest in the real "football" has been low. But it is kind of narrow-minded, isn't it, especially when the ship is travelling in Europe.

I suspect this is because Regent is so oriented towards the American passengers, and interest in the real "football" has been low. But it is kind of narrow-minded, isn't it, especially when the ship is travelling in Europe.

It would be a great time to get fellow sports lovers from around the world together for a good time. Especially since the final 2 will be during our cruise.

We were on Viking during the last World Cup and when Germany was playing, we had a room full watching (both passengers and crew) and cheering. It was a lot of fun.

But it would be hard to be disappointed when the Mediterranean is out your window.

Have to agree with posters that find it odd that the World Cup is not being televised on the ships. While I understand the enormous cost to Regent to get the feed, it would have been of great interest to many people. For some reason, most people in the U.S. think that the "world" is interested in U.S. football which could not be further from the truth since the game (and it is only a game after all) is not played internationally with players from all over the world. On the other hand, I do understand that most passengers on Regent are from North America and it makes sense that, when making a financial decision like streaming a game, they would stream ones that are of interest to North Americans.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures - both on and off of the ship. It sounds as if you already have a good start to your cruise:)

Have to agree with posters that find it odd that the World Cup is not being televised on the ships. While I understand the enormous cost to Regent to get the feed, it would have been of great interest to many people. For some reason, most people in the U.S. think that the "world" is interested in U.S. football which could not be further from the truth since the game (and it is only a game after all) is not played internationally with players from all over the world. On the other hand, I do understand that most passengers on Regent are from North America and it makes sense that, when making a financial decision like streaming a game, they would stream ones that are of interest to North Americans.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures - both on and off of the ship. It sounds as if you already have a good start to your cruise:)

We and most of our NA friends are very interested in the World Cup so I don’t know where those facts come from ( that North Americans are not interested in international soccer). During the last World Cup, we were on a Seabourn cruise (and more than half of the ship were Canadians and Americans). They had several locations throughout the ship broadcasting the games. It is a shame that Regent isn’t providing this service to its guests.

We and most of our NA friends are very interested in the World Cup so I don’t know where those facts come from ( that North Americans are not interested in international soccer). During the last World Cup, we were on a Seabourn cruise (and more than half of the ship were Canadians and Americans). They had several locations throughout the ship broadcasting the games. It is a shame that Regent isn’t providing this service to its guests.

I did not claim that what I was stating was a fact. My feelings are based on what I have observed while traveling internationally vs. what I observe in the U.S. Most major news channels mention World Cup results but do not go into much detail. On the other hand, major news channels go on ad nauseam about football (while I roll my eyes because we could care less about football). Most places that we visit around the world (almost 100 countries) are extremely interested in soccer (including us).

Given the fact (yes I did say "fact") that broadcasting some sporting events on ships could cost hundreds of thousands dollars, as far as I am concerned - save the money - keep fares lower and let us watch international news channels that will let us know what is going on. Passengers in the U.S. (or internationally) know when Super Bowl, World Cup, the World Series, etc. etc. etc. etc. are on and can choose to not cruise during those times.

Please - let's not make this important thread become a sports argument. I am so interested in what the TS has to say about their cruise. Thank you!

Hi guys! The tendering to Antibes was very well organized. Our guide for our tour was very good also. We enjoyed St Paul de Vence very much. It was not overly crowded. Maybe the megaships don’t visit there. Lol. That is our most favorite thing about the Regent comparison. No crowds. No lines. Even when we came back for lunch they a hostess at La Veranda directing you to use the other side because it was empty.

For dinner we ate at Compass Rose, we walked right in around 7:45. We liked the space. The tables are well spaced out. We had the whole lobster which was succulent. Confession we were thinking how can we eat the whole lobster without making a mess? Duh of course it’s not served like at lobster shacks like we have back East. All removed from the shell and served on Versace plates. Which reminds me, at the next table, a guy was wearing black western style jeans. They have the big leather patch by the waist. His s.o. was dressed in an elegant sparkly dress. Just reporting that they continue to allow pax to dine with jeans. Btw the guy was not a cowboy, he is from NY

Our cabin attendant introduced herself to us. She’s doing a splendid job. I communicate with her by putting a post it on the tv. Water and red wine please. Done!

Sorry no pics now, not loading. Next port, Livorno. We’re doing a bike ride in Lucca.

It sounds like you are having a wonderful experience which is always great to hear! Just thinking about that lobster makes my mouth water!

The couple you described - one very dressed up and looking great and the other in black jeans is an odd couple indeed. Sorry that Regent officers are not enforcing the dress code.

Thank you for keeping us up to date. Have a great time bicycling in Lucca - it is a lovely place!

Got2Cruise- thank you for the posts. It is building my excitement for our first Regent cruise next week.

As I am just planning my packing, can you give me insight on the weather. Not so worried about nights as I have a lot of dresses, but during the day for excursions.

Thank you again for my preview.

The weather is warm and humid but not as hot as the heatwave back in NY. We had another lovely day in Lucca. The excursions are run flawlessly. No waiting no crowding. And here’s story regarding small ship. We order room service for breakfast and with Regent the waiter comes in sets it up with a tablecloth etc. Well our waiter from the other night in Chartreuse Benson remembered us. He comes in Mr and Mrs D don’t you remember me? [emoji3] It’s me Benson.

We really don’t put the TV on but that’s how you can keep up with sport scores it’s a British news channel.

Have lots of great pics but the internet just not cooperating. If I just post some random pics you’ll know why.