Flights from LAX to Sydney, Australia

mikenbob

You are fortunate that there are multiple non-stop flights from LAX to SYD. Qantas, United, Delta and American have non-stop flights. and I believe that Regent has contracts with all of them (Virgin also flies there but am not certain if they are contracted with Regent). My personal favorite is Qantas.

Which carrier(s) does Regent typically use from Los Angeles to Sydney, Australia? Any recommendations?

Note that whatever carriers used in the past is no guarantee of future bookings. Completely depends on what contracts are current between RSSC and the various airlines. Also, even if they have a contract, there may be capacity limitations that would limit your ability to get that airline.

If you want a non-stop, the choices are the USA big three, plus Qantas (QF) and Virgin Australia (VA). I personally have enjoyed the flights on VA and enjoy their style and would choose them over QF and DL (the other ones I have flown on this route).

Also, you could have many other carriers available on one-stop routings. I would also look into Singapore, Cathay, Korean, Emirates and Etihad. All have top notch products in premium cabins. In addition, some of them allow for free stopovers on some tickets, so you could get an additional vacation spot along the way (such as in Hong Kong or Singapore or Seoul).

Be very aware of what kind of equipment is offered on your routing. For example, Emirates has a very nice product on their A380 in business, but their 777 business product is dated and light-years different. Check out cabin arrangements and seat configurations and specs.

It's a long journey, no matter how you do it, but you can maximize the experience if you put in some research. Determine your priorities and go from there.