Dubai Hotel recommendation

tango223

There are now 10 of us heading to S. Africa & we are doing a 3 night /2 full day layover in Dubai.

I know there are many hotels & different areas. We think if we get a hotel very close to the metro ( we’ll be there in Aug so very hot), we can get around the various areas.

Any recommendations will be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are now 10 of us heading to S. Africa & we are doing a 3 night /2 full day layover in Dubai.

I know there are many hotels & different areas. We think if we get a hotel very close to the metro ( we’ll be there in Aug so very hot), we can get around the various areas.

Any recommendations will be appreciated

To be close to a Metro station you really need to be looking at hotels along Sh. Zayed Road on the stretch between Dubai World Trade Centre and Mall of the Emirates. The stations along that stretch with hotels close to them are Trade Centre, Emirates Towers, Financial Centre, Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa, Business Bay and Mall of the Emirates..

Whilst the weather maybe very hot then it is the low season for visitors so the rates are more reasonable and there are lots to choose from in that area....

Anne..

To be close to a Metro station you really need to be looking at hotels along Sh. Zayed Road on the stretch between Dubai World Trade Centre and Mall of the Emirates. The stations along that stretch with hotels close to them are Trade Centre, Emirates Towers, Financial Centre, Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa, Business Bay and Mall of the Emirates..

Whilst the weather maybe very hot then it is the low season for visitors so the rates are more reasonable and there are lots to choose from in that area....

Anne..

Anne, thank you for the information on the metro areas! I’ll look at those areas for our hotel.

You can get round many areas using the metro, but not all. You’ll likely end up taking the occasional cab or bus too (and hotels may run shuttles to malls etc). I expect you have done so, but check that basing your stay around the metro really works for your intended itinerary.

Minor thread hijack to ask Anne a question. We are currently booked in the Doubletree next to the Mall of the Emirates, but I see on Google Earth there is a big building plot between the two. Has anything been built on this plot or in the process of construction, as my wife is a bit worried about noise/dust issues? Thanks for you help.

Simon

Minor thread hijack to ask Anne a question. We are currently booked in the Doubletree next to the Mall of the Emirates, but I see on Google Earth there is a big building plot between the two. Has anything been built on this plot or in the process of construction, as my wife is a bit worried about noise/dust issues? Thanks for you help.

Simon

Simon,

You probably won’t like this answer but (a) I don’t know as (b) I tend to avoid the MoE area like the plague as it can be a local traffic nightmare. On the odd occasion I need to go to the MoE I leave my car in one of the station car parks and use the Metro!! Have you looked at Tripadvisor to see if any recent reviews mention noise from any nearby construction work? Sorry I can’t be of more help..

Anne..

• 2 months later...

I am looking for Starwood group hotels that have easier access to the sites, not the beach. I am investigating using points for our stay next April before our Nautica cruise. We also want to go to Abu Dabi for one day. We will have 2.5 days before our cruise and then an overnight on the cruise. If there are no Starwood hotels fitting these limitations, can anyone recommend reasonable, clean hotels. Thank you for your help.

I am looking for Starwood group hotels that have easier access to the sites, not the beach. I am investigating using points for our stay next April before our Nautica cruise. We also want to go to Abu Dabi for one day. We will have 2.5 days before our cruise and then an overnight on the cruise. If there are no Starwood hotels fitting these limitations, can anyone recommend reasonable, clean hotels. Thank you for your help.

As per my previous recommendation, if you are not interested in beach locations then I would look at hotels in the Sh. Zayed Road, Downtown, Business Bay, Mall of the Emirates areas as you would have easier access to the metro, hop-on hop-off buses, taxis and for getting to Abu Dhabi and back in a day would be quicker from those areas too.. There are lots of Starwood properties in Dubai so I would start with their website and use the search filters to narrow the options down..

Anne..

There is a fabulous JW Marriott Marquis on Sheik Zayed Rd in Business Bay which often has excellent rates. When we stayed there in February our Starwood status, which was higher, was honored as they are now one. This is a great location with easy access to Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall. They also ran a shuttle to Dubai Mall as with the roads and traffic it is difficult to walk to. It also is an inexpensive taxi ride if you don't take the shuttle. A variety of excellent restaurants are in the hotel and in the area as well. Don't forget to check the schedule for the Dubai Opera House if you are staying overnight in Dubai...... even the tour of the building is worth it. We had the concierge at the hotel arrange a car/driver to take us to Abu Dhabi for the day. We wanted to go to the Louvre Abu Dhabi. If this is your first trip to the area, be sure to include a visit to the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi.