Help Me to Understand....International Travel Questions

Roz

Unlike most of the other posters on this board, I actually like flying through CDG and I prefer it over flying through AMS these days. But that's because I go through there enough to know what to expect. I know that I am in the minority in this regard...

In my experience, travel through CDG has greatly improved since most of the construction mess has ended. While construction was ongoing, I found the signage to be terrible. At this point it can take a while and you do need to pay attention, but the signage is all pretty clear. The one thing you need to make note of, as someone mentioned, when connecting at CDG is to check monitors upon arrival so that you know exactly which terminal and concourse (or "hall" as they call them there) to go to. As mentioned, sometimes you can walk, and sometimes you need to take a bus (or a tram) so you need to know exactly where you're going. Your gate location may not be known when you check in at the start of your travels so you absolutely must look at the monitors as soon as you arrive. If you blindly follow other passengers, assuming all gates are along the same path, you could easily find yourself in the wrong building.

Your post has me curious I have Global Entry and Mom does not. I was thinking of ditching the Global Entry and use the mobile passport as it would be easier for mom. My mother lives with me so we share the same address. Therefore would Global Entry work for both of us?

Can't delete this post but just found out from the boarder protection page

"

My travel companions (children, spouse or co-travelers) are not Global Entry members; can they come through the Global Entry kiosk with me?

No, only Global Entry members can use the Global Entry kiosk.

"

I think that you are talking about the Mobile Passport App, not Global Entry, which is a trusted traveler program that you must apply and be approved for. I'm not sure that your mother could go through with you, because it looks like the family group has to reside in a single household.
Edited by Cruiseoholic000