Where does AZ dock in Venice?

dbali

The information on the transfer booking for this July says that, due to renovations being done at the airport, the bus will drop us 400metres from the terminal building.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That was the same as last year, wasn’t an easy walk with cases to the terminal, taxis were still being allowed to go to the terminal so you had to fight your way through the forecourt.

If that’s still the case in September we will book a car even though we have lots of OBC again.

The information on the transfer booking for this July says that, due to renovations being done at the airport, the bus will drop us 400metres from the terminal building.

Will you report back on that too? If it's like that, I'll also book a car from the ship to the airport vs. lugging our suitcases 1/4 mile.

We're getting to the ship with a private water taxi. Will it be convenient to get to the ship at San Basilio or will we have to walk a distance still?

We took a private water taxi to San Basilio. We were dropped off 30 yards from the terminal building; the ship is perhaps 200 yards from the building, and as described there are shuttles if one is too hot or tired to walk it.

Of note we walked all the way from San Marco to San Basilio one day when we could not catch a vaporetto. That is pretty long but doable.

We took a private water taxi to San Basilio. We were dropped off 30 yards from the terminal building; the ship is perhaps 200 yards from the building, and as described there are shuttles if one is too hot or tired to walk it...

Thank you so much for that first-hand information! Appreciate it!

In Venice we will dock at San Basilio for all our calls in 2018.

Awesome, Bonnie, thank you. That's what I thought.

The most accurate info can be found on the Port of Venezia website. I have asked many times where their ship will be located. I have asked Azamara/Celebrity/other lines and my reliable TA. I have also been sent printed directions from the cruise line as to where the ship will be berthed. I have experienced several ships located at a different location than advertised. Now I am careful. I always check the Port of Where I am to get the up to date info. Also, if I am staying in a city the night before embarkation, ask the hotel concierge to call the Port for the location of the ship. Ships move. Never assume that a ship will always be at the same location. Last winter, I was embarking a ship in Barbados. The embarkation was not at the big terminal. When I got in a taxi to go to the ship, the taxi driver told me that I was asking to go to the wrong place. He was quite surprised when the ship was where I told him to take us. When we disembarked 2 weeks later, we docked at the big terminal. I have had similar experiences in Venice. I have also had ships move when they were supposed to stay at a port. We were tendering from the Journey into a port and staying overnight there. When we returned from our day ashore, the ship was gone. Due to high seas, it was moved to another port ( not on our itinerary) about 30 miles away. Ship agent was at the dock and made arrangements for us to get to the ship. You cannot assume that a ship will always be in the same location. Before you cruise and when you get off a ship in any port, have with you: cruise line emergency phone #, ship agent phone #, credit card, cell phone, and a copy of your passport info page.