Pools-side smoking area on Eclipse

wwcruisers

First of all, please forgive me for starting yet another 'smoking' thread.:o I tried a quick search, but did not come up with the specific answer to my question -- so, here goes:

I haven't been on Eclipse (or any Solstice Class) ship, in several years. I cannot remember which side the deck 12 pool-side smoking area is on -- port or starboard? We are considering a balcony cabin one deck up, and currently have our choice of identical cabins, on the port and starboard side. Definitely, avoiding second-hand smoke would be a factor in our cabin location decision. Thanks Guys -- you are the BEST!:hearteyes:

Smoking is allowed on port side on deck 5. There are two outside areas where the ship curves out. Also allows port side on deck 12 but only in a small area along rail. Deck 14 Mast Bar - not Mast Grill- is smoking. Also port side on back of ship on deck 15 at the bar. Not sure you have decks correct as no cabins above the pool as I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Smoking is allowed on port side on deck 5. There are two outside areas where the ship curves out. Also allows port side on deck 12 but only in a small area along rail. Deck 14 Mast Bar - not Mast Grill- is smoking. Also port side on back of ship on deck 15 at the bar. Not sure you have decks correct as no cabins above the pool as I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you -- I meant to say, one deck down! But that starboard side cabin is getting my vote! :cool:

From the Celebrity Today in our Eclipse sailing:

SMOKING POLICY:

Smoking is not permitted in staterooms or on verandas, or in any interior spaces of our ship, and is only allowed in designated outdoor areas onboard. This policy includes smoking like products such as electronic cigarettes. Violation of the policy will result in a fine.

Smoking areas: Deck 5, port side * Deck 12 Midship, port side * Mast Bar deck 14, Starboard side * Sunset Bar, Deck 15 Aft Port side (the only cigar and pipe smoking area on the vessel).

Unless there is some very unusual wind condition at play, smoke rises, not falls. Being below it you would probably not be able to smell any sort of cigar, pipe or cigarette smoke.

Good point, Cruisestitch! And, since the cabin we are looking at has a rear-facing angled balcony, I think we'll be safe from drifting smoke -- or the occasional errant cigarette butt.

Thanks for the replies, Everyone! :halo:

Funny -- I USED to know all of this -- chapter and verse! It's amazing how much you forget, being away for a couple of years!

Make sure you are on the non smoking side!

You will be fine from smoke from above, but because of the design of the promenade deck, there are two protruding sections on each side.

Although the ash trays are fixed to the wall, and smokers are requested not to throw ash or cigarette ends over the side, some will still persist in standing by the rail to smoke ( and flick their ash over the side) and the smell will drift up to the balconies above.

I know this from past experience on Eclipse.

Although the ash trays are fixed to the wall, and smokers are requested not to throw ash or cigarette ends over the side, some will still persist in standing by the rail to smoke ( and flick their ash over the side) and the smell will drift up to the balconies above.

Where is this request to not flick ash from?

I always thought that meant don't throw the cigarette butt or lit but unfinished cigarette overboard. Ash should blow away in the wind. I don't smoke. Just curious to hear that is the interpretation.