HMC Cabana Question

Steelers0854

The Villa is similar with more drinks because it holds more people. However, it's not the food that makes it for me, it's the private bathroom, hot tub, 2 levels with lounge chairs, and being able to have everyone inside comfortably without sitting on top of each other if they want to take a break from the sun or if it starts raining. Actually, even if it were only 4 of us I would choose a Villa over a Cabana without batting an eyelash. It's that good!

I assumed that the food would be the same, but hopefully there will be more of it as there will be 8 of us.

You've been so helpful so far, a few more questions if you don't mind - If you wanted the perfect combination of not being killed with the music but fairly close to the BBQ and the entrance to HMC (people with some mobility issues), which villa would be the perfect location? Also, you had said they will ask for the size for snorkel fins, will they provide 8 sets of fins? Thanks for all of your help. We are REALLY excited for our trip to HMC this time.

I assumed that the food would be the same, but hopefully there will be more of it as there will be 8 of us.

You've been so helpful so far, a few more questions if you don't mind - If you wanted the perfect combination of not being killed with the music but fairly close to the BBQ and the entrance to HMC (people with some mobility issues), which villa would be the perfect location? Also, you had said they will ask for the size for snorkel fins, will they provide 8 sets of fins? Thanks for all of your help. We are REALLY excited for our trip to HMC this time.

A will be closest to the food, but also to all the crowds and music. If you need to be on that side I would probably pick C. However D and E are partially wheelchair accessible with ramps going from the ground up to the first floor. There are roads behind the Villas and golf cart type trucks to give you a ride if you need it. You just have to be watching out for them. I don’t know of a way you could call to get one, but we got lucky and got a ride back when we were leaving.

They will give you fins for the amount of people that are in your Villa. We never used ours.

Hope this helps!

When you get to HMC, you are expected to check in with shore excursions hut for the cabana/villas, this is where you let them know you need a ride. We stayed in #3 cabana, and still were given a ride as my friend uses a walker. We did not find the music loud and out of control when we were there. It also was not over crowded there either. Hope this helps!

When you get to HMC, you are expected to check in with shore excursions hut for the cabana/villas, this is where you let them know you need a ride. We stayed in #3 cabana, and still were given a ride as my friend uses a walker. We did not find the music loud and out of control when we were there. It also was not over crowded there either. Hope this helps!

There was no mention of that to us and we went straight to the Villa. I was referring to a ride on the way back. I don’t know how you could get one to pick you up. We just so happened to be walking on the road and the tram pulled up and we got on.

There was no mention of that to us and we went straight to the Villa. I was referring to a ride on the way back. I don’t know how you could get one to pick you up. We just so happened to be walking on the road and the tram pulled up and we got on.
Weird, when we checked in on the ship to get our cabana number we wanted they gave is a paper that told us where to meet for excursions to board the ferry to HMC and to also check in at the shore excursions hut. That was on the glory last Jan. Also when they dropped us off, they stopped at a regular bus stop (one comes every 20 minutes), then walked us back to our cabana.

Weird, when we checked in on the ship to get our cabana number we wanted they gave is a paper that told us where to meet for excursions to board the ferry to HMC and to also check in at the shore excursions hut. That was on the glory last Jan. Also when they dropped us off, they stopped at a regular bus stop (one comes every 20 minutes), then walked us back to our cabana.

Not us. We had to wait a long time in the theatre because they weren’t sure we were going to be able to tender. When we were given the all clear, they called for the people with the Oasis to go first then Villas and Cabanas. We got on the tender and then when we pulled up, we all got out and went our separate ways. Couldn’t even tell you where the Shore Ex hut is on HMC.

Not us. We had to wait a long time in the theatre because they weren’t sure we were going to be able to tender. When we were given the all clear, they called for the people with the Oasis to go first then Villas and Cabanas. We got on the tender and then when we pulled up, we all got out and went our separate ways. Couldn’t even tell you where the Shore Ex hut is on HMC.

We've gotten villas and cabanas in HMC and I never knew there was a shore excursion hut in HMC prior to this thread. We tender in to the island, hop on the bus and they take us right to the back of our villa or cabana (whichever we have at the time).

We've gotten villas and cabanas in HMC and I never knew there was a shore excursion hut in HMC prior to this thread. We tender in to the island, hop on the bus and they take us right to the back of our villa or cabana (whichever we have at the time).

Well at least I’m not the only one that didn’t know about it.

Typical Carnival with consistency! Sorry they didn't let you know :( The hut is just to the left after you walk into the fort walls. It's right by the bar and a lot smaller. All excursions got on the tender together, so there were lines but it went fast.

Typical Carnival with consistency! Sorry they didn't let you know :( The hut is just to the left after you walk into the fort walls. It's right by the bar and a lot smaller. All excursions got on the tender together, so there were lines but it went fast.

Oh I wasn't missing anything, I'd just never seen it before. We were on the first tender from the ship to the island, and went straight to our villas/cabanas. I didn't need anything from Carnival at that point. I was in paradise for the day. :)

Oh I wasn't missing anything, I'd just never seen it before. We were on the first tender from the ship to the island, and went straight to our villas/cabanas. I didn't need anything from Carnival at that point. I was in paradise for the day. :)

That’s the way it was for us too. Actually I think if they told me I had to wait in a line, I wouldn’t have. We had already been waiting long enough for them to decide whether or not we could go ashore and at that point, I just wanted to get to the Villa and get on with my day.

I have to say the Villa was the way to go and it was heaven. Having all that space to stretch out on the loungers especially on the upper deck was so worth it. I actually dozed off and I never do that. It was wonderful to have that privacy. I don’t think I would enjoy the Cabana with more than 2 people because you really can’t have your own area without someone right there.

That’s the way it was for us too. Actually I think if they told me I had to wait in a line, I wouldn’t have. We had already been waiting long enough for them to decide whether or not we could go ashore and at that point, I just wanted to get to the Villa and get on with my day.

I have to say the Villa was the way to go and it was heaven. Having all that space to stretch out on the loungers especially on the upper deck was so worth it. I actually dozed off and I never do that. It was wonderful to have that privacy. I don’t think I would enjoy the Cabana with more than 2 people because you really can’t have your own area without someone right there.

We didn't spend too much time in them, because we were in the water most of the day. It was nice to have somewhere to leave my expensive camera gear though. I took family photos on the beach there, since I knew we'd be the first people on the beach and beat all of the cruise passengers. It worked out great. When we got there and first went to the water, there was a huge live conch right there in front of us. It was so cool. The villas/cabanas were great though when it came time to eat and have a table to sit at to eat our lunch, on top of all of the stuff that came with them. We have a villa booked for when we go back there next May and I can't wait. <3 HMC

We didn't spend too much time in them, because we were in the water most of the day. It was nice to have somewhere to leave my expensive camera gear though. I took family photos on the beach there, since I knew we'd be the first people on the beach and beat all of the cruise passengers. It worked out great. When we got there and first went to the water, there was a huge live conch right there in front of us. It was so cool. The villas/cabanas were great though when it came time to eat and have a table to sit at to eat our lunch, on top of all of the stuff that came with them. We have a villa booked for when we go back there next May and I can't wait. <3 HMC

I spent a fair amount of time in the water too which was so nice. But when I wanted to get out and relax, the hot tub and the top loungers were my spots! And yes it does make it super convenient for lunch time. Between the table and the bar along the ledge with stools, there were plenty of spaces to sit.

I can’t see more than 4 people in a Cabana. Maybe that’s why they say it’s for 4 and you have to pay for guests 5 and 6 additionally. Although if you’re doing that you may as well get a Villa. I’m sure many times no one mentions the other people and just alternate out thus avoiding the charges. At least that’s what I’ve seen on here. Not saying it’s right or wrong, but it does seem to be a little more hassle than what I would care to go through.

I think (IMHO), that this is a reference to the INFO hut ( to your left) when you get to the HMC village. Yes, there may be excursion info there too.

To get a ride to your villa or cabana, just go to the right, when you arrive at the village (to the left of the RR's and souvenir huts). There you will find a small waiting area, and the golf carts will pick you up when they arrive. Usually, not a long wait.

To get a ride back to the village from your cabana or villa, just wait by the road along the walking paths, or if you see a person with a radio..(yellow vest?) ask to them to call one for you. Still the road behind the cabanas/villas is where you can catch a ride back.

Edited by jwjax

It can vary depending on sailing, but Cabanas are around $318.99 and Villas around $549.99. They have gone up quite a bit recently.

I rented my villa about a month ago for March of next year on a Conquest sailing and it was only $499.00. Maybe I got in before the price increase :)

I have the villa...now, how long are we at HMC? I also have priority tender...I hope we can utilize it most of the day...I cannot wait! Wish I vphad tried to get the villa a month ago! Nice score! Waiting for cabanas at princess Cays to open for Feb. 2019...

I have the villa...now, how long are we at HMC? I also have priority tender...I hope we can utilize it most of the day...I cannot wait! Wish I vphad tried to get the villa a month ago! Nice score! Waiting for cabanas at princess Cays to open for Feb. 2019...
Priority tender only works for going to HMC, but you get to take the last tender off if you want to stay all day! When we were there on the Glory we were there from 9:15am to 4:15 (all back on ship time). So it depends on your ship itinerary what times you are there. When you get on the ship at embarkation, head over to Shore Excursions and select the Villa you want! Its first come first choice! I know you will love it there!