Oops, oh no, what are we going to do.

chromered7

When you have booked your cruise you start to countdown. It could be days, if are lucky, months or a year. Despite all your planning, your check lists and holiday rituals what is the worst/important thing you have forgotten ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When you have booked your cruise you start to countdown. It could be days, if are lucky, months or a year. Despite all your planning, your check lists and holiday rituals what is the worst/important thing you have forgotten ?

Dear MiL.:evilsmile:

I forgot a bathing suit on a cruise to Bermuda! I can't remember whether they just didn't have, I didn't like, or none fit in the shops on the ship but I ended up just wearing light shorts and a t-shirt (with underwear of course) in the water, both in Bermuda and in the pools on board.

Sailing the Baltic’s on Eclipse out of Southampton . Didn’t bring any American or 2pin electric adapters as i assumed there would be at least 1 3pin UK socket !!! Ship didn’t have any so first port of call managed to find a little electrical shop open who was able to help . On a Sunday too !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We took a shuttle to the port. Had to check everything in the luggage trailer including our carry ons. The shuttle made a few stops at other ships before ours. We were last. My carry on was missing. Lucky that I put a luggage tag on it. The driver was able to find it.

Lesson learned. I will always get off the shuttle and watch that someone doesn’t make off with my luggage if stops are made before our ship.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Forgot to pack my husband’s underwear. He had only 2 extra pairs in his carryon and we had to make repeated use of shipboard laundry. He does his own packing now[emoji849].

Forgot to pack my husband’s underwear. He had only 2 extra pairs in his carryon and we had to make repeated use of shipboard laundry. He does his own packing now[emoji849].

He could have gone commando.;p

Hahaha !!

Santa brought a cruise for the whole family which left Miami on December 26. I was over served at Christmas dinner and went home to pack for the trip. The next night when I tried to get dressed for dinner I found that I had neglected to pack any pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I forgot myself once...a long planned Baltic cruise and I ended up in the hospital until the day we were scheduled to fly out. I don't think it can get any worse than that but the good news I came out it all fine and we did the Baltic a year later....

Not so much a matter of me forgetting and more a bout of bad luck, but on one return flight from a cruise, a disgruntled Westjet employee sent my checked luggage on a joyride to Winnipeg. (There was a big wage dispute going on within Westjet at the time.) It was a couple of days later until I saw all my belongings again.

After arriving in FTL a day early for a sailing a few years back, I found that I neglected to pack my ear buds for music.... had to rent a car, un-planned, and find a store where to purchase only to forget, the very same buds on X a few years later... go figure!

bon voyage

I don't think that I've ever forgotten anything important -- except for dental floss (on one cruise) and DH's fingernail clippers, on another trip. In both cases, guess what they did NOT have, in the cruise stores? Yep -- we had to spend part of a port day, looking for a sundries/drug store, in both instances! :eek:

Several years ago, we had a cruise where our checked luggage went 'walkabout' -- and took 3 days to catch up with the ship. That was an eye-opening experience, and it influenced the way I pack my carry-on luggage. Now, I always try to have everything that I would need for 48 hours (including a bathing suit) in my roll-aboard. :cool:

Good plan.....I'll have to try that.

I packed a lovely pair of silver sandals. Unfortunately it was a left from one pair and a right from another.:o

I did that once with one black and one brown shoe.......we were in Kansas City so when asked about my shoes being different, I just smiled and said "oh, that's all the rage in NYC""

Before our last trip, we taught 8 classes on travel and part of it was on packing. My wife brought our carryons and the clothes we were taking on the next trip, and packed them showing the best approach. In order to cut down on time, she only took a few pair of my socks and packed them in my shoes. When we packed up for the trip, I forget and didn’t add more socks....fortunately, the departure port actually had stores where socks were sold - Dublin! Who wold have thought they’d have socks!!

On the same trip, my wife forgot her Fitbit charger, and for a reason I forget, Ireland only sale full sets, not single chargers. We were able to get online, and get it sent to us using amazon.uk. It got there a day prior to our departure.

Den

My lovely bride does our packing, so it is usually 100% good.

The only time she has forgotten something, it has been her need, because she is always more concerned about others (kids/myself).

Last time, it was her hair brush. Kind of a big deal because of her hair style. Now every time we are pulling out of the garage, I always ask, "do you have your hair brush?"

I can only imagine the fiasco if I did our packing. :/