Back To Back Cruises

Ladyinflight

Will be taking the Eclipse Hawaii 4/29 and Alaska 5/9 cruises in 2019 and would like to know if they change the talent and shows on the different cruises. I sure don't want to see the same people and same shows that were on our Eclipse 10/17 TA. Jane Curry is good but hoping for some other Celebrity talent:(

Will be taking the Eclipse Hawaii 4/29 and Alaska 5/9 cruises in 2019 and would like to know if they change the talent and shows on the different cruises. I sure don't want to see the same people and same shows that were on our Eclipse 10/17 TA. Jane Curry is good but hoping for some other Celebrity talent:(

The Celebrity performers and shows will be the same. The guest entertainers usually will be different. We've also had a few B2B cruises where the guest entertainers performed on both legs.

The Productions shows will be the same.

The Guest Entertainers usually are on for one cruise, but in the case of cruises like yours with may sea days, it is possible that a Guest Entertainer would be on for both of them. It's also possible that one or more of the Guest Entertainers would do a matinee in addition to their evening show.

One of the nice things about a B2B is if the show was good and you liked it you have a chance to see it again. If you don’t like it you have that time to do something else.

The same goes for the food. You have the chance to have it again or try something different.

The other perk is you have all the answers for the trivia 🙄🤗😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

While repeating shows may sometimes be a downside of B2B cruises, other times they can be a plus.

We do not go to every show, so it gives us another chance to catch a show we missed the last time.

The ones we are most likely to skip are the production shows that keep repeating over and over again, but that happens if you cruise a lot with the same cruise line, even if you don't do B2Bs.

On Alaska cruises, the show outside the ship is usually much more worthwhile watching than any show inside the ship.

Edited by fleckle

As stated, the main shows will be the same, but you may very well have different guest entertainers. And you will have different educational people who give you great info, first on Hawaii and the Pacific and then another focused on Alaska.

That sounds like a great B2B. We’ve done 3 and enough differences to be still very interesting.

Den

From my experience and reading earlier threads, the major Boardway-type production shows are changed every 8 months, maybe a full year, not 3-4 years. The Headliners are just for a cruise or just part of one, getting on and off at various ports, comics are about the same, but usually stay for a full cruise (7days or longer cruise) and the magic shows are usually there a month or two due to more support required.

We’ve made cruises on Celebrity pretty much every year for a long time, and yes, the production shows during one year are the same, and the same on every ship, but the next year, they’ve changed with new dancers and singers.

This info is passed on what I’ve read here on CC and my experience, not a Fact set in Concrete.

Den

From my experience and reading earlier threads, the major Boardway-type production shows are changed every 8 months, maybe a full year, not 3-4 years. The Headliners are just for a cruise or just part of one, getting on and off at various ports, comics are about the same, but usually stay for a full cruise (7days or longer cruise) and the magic shows are usually there a month or two due to more support required.

We’ve made cruises on Celebrity pretty much every year for a long time, and yes, the production shows during one year are the same, and the same on every ship, but the next year, they’ve changed with new dancers and singers.

This info is passed on what I’ve read here on CC and my experience, not a Fact set in Concrete.

Den

According to the Production Management folks we've spoken to, the shelf life of a production show is an average of around 5 years. Since they cost multiple millions to mount, it makes sense that they would rotate only in that kind of time frame. Yes, the production cast contracts are usually around 9 months, so there could be a different flavor to the performances over time.

Since Celebrity now has brought the production process in house (rather than utilizing a vendor like Poet), I wouldn't think there would be much of a change to the current process.

B2B discount? How does the B2B work on Celebrity? Thinking of doing a B2B in 2020 Mediterranean & Spain Canary Island.

Aileen

When booking your B2B cruise ask for the B2B discount whether directly with Celebrity or with a TA. B2B discounts are per stateroom not per person. You should receive (we always receive a B2B discount for all our Celebrity B2B cruises) a B2B discount for each leg of the cruise. Our only experiences doing B2B cruises are the two 7 day cruises. $50.00 for each leg. I believe any B2B cruise over 12 days (each leg not total days) receives $100.00 per stateroom, per leg. We are huge fans of B2B Caribbean Cruises.