Viking Egypt Date changed by Viking

gogo65

So I booked 7 cabins for May 11th 2020, on Viking Ra.

Ive been wanting to get another cabin for another couple, so check everyday.

I just checked and I noticed May 11th cruise is no longer being sold, instead its May 8th or 15th.

I checked on my Viking Journey and our dates have changed from 11th to 8th May, anyone else have this?

Obviously I had no correspondence with Viking:(

I just checked and I noticed May 11th cruise is no longer being sold, instead its May 8th or 15th.

I checked on my Viking Journey and our dates have changed from 11th to 8th May, anyone else have this?

Write the folks at Viking (tellus@vikingcruises.com) and let them know that you are upset that you had to find out on your own that the dates of your cruise had been changed, especially when you have booked 7 of the 26 cabins. IMHO, Viking is very weak at these kinds of communications and perhaps if more of us write to them about it they will figure out how to engage in the art of timely communication.

Dear gogo65,

We are thrilled to see such diligent advanced planning for what is sure to be the trip of a lifetime! We’ve looked into this and are happy to report that though your adventure begins on May 8th as your My Viking Journey portal indicates, the cruising portion of your sojourn still begins on May 11th as originally planned. The first few days with us will be the land portion of the tour as promised in the itinerary package.

We hope this helps, gogo65, nevertheless we invite you and fellow travelers to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com, as Peregrina651 thoughtfully mentioned, should you have concerns or inquiries.

Warm regards,

Viking Cruises

Dear gogo65,

We are thrilled to see such diligent advanced planning for what is sure to be the trip of a lifetime! We’ve looked into this and are happy to report that though your adventure begins on May 8th as your My Viking Journey portal indicates, the cruising portion of your sojourn still begins on May 11th as originally planned. The first few days with us will be the land portion of the tour as promised in the itinerary package.

We hope this helps, gogo65, nevertheless we invite you and fellow travelers to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com, as Peregrina651 thoughtfully mentioned, should you have concerns or inquiries.

Warm regards,

Viking Cruises

Hi Viking Cruises,

Unfortunately your information is incorrect...

Our trip was to start on the 11th with the cruise starting on the the 14thmay as per all our paperwork.

Viking have changed our dates and brought them 3 days earlier.

We have already commenced private tour negotiations in Jordan starting on the 22nd May.

I can provide all evidence that in fact Viking have brought the date forward by 3 days on all cruises in 2020.

Very poor customer service.

So sorry this is happening to you and very disappointed Viking is trying to turn it around. Like I’ve always stated, Viking offers a wonderful product however, follow thru and customer service is a weak link. They need to get their act together.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dear gogo65,

Thank you for following up with us, and for your patience. In an effort to address your concern promptly, it appears that we misinterpreted your initial inquiry; we apologize for any confusion this may have caused. We would love the opportunity to assist you more directly — if you haven't had a moment to connect with us by phone yet, we kindly ask that you reach out to us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com with your booking information so that we may provide the most up-to-date information relevant to your individual sailing.

We hope to speak with you soon, gogo65, and wish you a restful day.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Hi Viking Cruises,

Unfortunately your information is incorrect...

Our trip was to start on the 11th with the cruise starting on the the 14thmay as per all our paperwork.

Viking have changed our dates and brought them 3 days earlier.

We have already commenced private tour negotiations in Jordan starting on the 22nd May.

I can provide all evidence that in fact Viking have brought the date forward by 3 days on all cruises in 2020.

Very poor customer service.

My cruise was also changed by three days. Following to keep up. Viking did send me an e-mail

Yes I received an email today, and a phone call yesterday, still not great customer service.

They offered to change us to another date if the new date wasn’t suitable.....hmmmm let me see, 2020 is sold out, Ive booked 7 cabins, not sure what cruise they’d change me to:rolleyes:

I’m concerned that there’s still an issue with the RA, and they are changing dates to suit a potentially different ship. We all know updates on the Ra are non existent with Viking.... I hope not, but when they don’t give people information (like what’s currently happening, people turning up to see they aren’t on Ra) its hard to believe anything they say.

I might go and check what scenic is offering...

Spoke to three people at Viking and no one could give me information on the RA They say there are building delays but can't tell why there are delays or when the ship will be ready. One person spoke about the MS Antes. When I looked for reviews on that ship it noted it was built in 2019 and the deck plans for the ship are different from the RA. and when will that ship be ready?