14 Nights Southern Caribbean on Reflection - 12/7/18 - Will The Pool Areas Be Packed

taylortime05

Hi,

I have read so many posts about the Reflection being so busy and not being able to get a chair around the pool.

Do you think that will be the case on a 14 night cruise before the kids are out of school?

I do see that all the suites are sold out. We are in Aqua class. I was actually hoping the suites would go down in price closer to sailing so maybe I could upgrade, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Thanks

you are a long way from knowing if there would be any opportunity for upgrade -- your cruise is many months away. But even if you do move to a suite, that doesn't change the situation poolside.

On this particular cruise you can expect not many kids, but that doesn't mean that adults won't be wanting their time in the poolside loungers. It may very well be crowded there.

Ha, it's not the kids that are the problem it's the adults :) It will probably be packed, just the way it is.

Like you, I have a balcony and spend sea days there, that's why I purchase one. Sitting around a hot pool area jammed in like sardines is not for us, the balcony is so much nicer. Order a little room service.... perfect!

But, I live in SW Florida so I can use my pool almost anytime.

Hope you have a blast!

We have cruised in the Caribbean on Equinox, Summit and Reflection. Reflection had by far the busiest poolside.

Like others have said it is nice to make the most of your balcony! If we wanted a swim we just tried to find somewhere to plonk our tops and flip flops, enjoyed the water and then dripped past the lawn area (lots of sun worshipers on towels there too) to the sunset bar. We would sit on the plastic stools to dry off with a nice cool drink.

There are lots of positives about Reflection including extra dining venues (we loved having lunch in the Porch) but I think it is in the pool area that you can see that Reflection has the extra deck of rooms....

In terms of possible upgrade, the fact there are more suites on Reflection than other ships should up your chances but there are so few 14 night Cruises they are really popular.

1. The loungers around the pool will be crowded - no way around it. You add a couple of hundred people on Reflection but you don't really add that much more space on the Pool deck and this is what you get.

2. On the other hand, I don't understand the necessity to sit by the pool. There are plenty of loungers on the deck above the pool. You can sit by the Pool Bar and get dry first and then continue on or go up to the Mast Bar then continue.

3. There are loungers people use on the deck above that - very nice ones too. You go forward on the deck above the pool and walk up. I doubt many people know this place exists. It may be slightly inconvenient but it can work.

Enjoy your cruising days.

Hi,

I have read so many posts about the Reflection being so busy and not being able to get a chair around the pool.

Do you think that will be the case on a 14 night cruise before the kids are out of school?

You will need to get up and reserve your sunbed by the pool before 6am otherwise you wouldn't get one. The upper decks are a little better but ALL beds will be RESERVED by 9.30am latest across the whole ship.

The good thing is Celebrity will do nothing to stop the chairhogs so get up early and YOU will be OK, never mind about anybody else.

You will need to get up and reserve your sunbed by the pool before 6am otherwise you wouldn't get one. The upper decks are a little better but ALL beds will be RESERVED by 9.30am latest across the whole ship.

The good thing is Celebrity will do nothing to stop the chairhogs so get up early and YOU will be OK, never mind about anybody else.

I am really hoping this post is tongue in cheek. ;p

Have been on several 14 night Caribbean cruises in past few years and the pool area is always jammed on nice days. The only difference between those and 7 nights are that on 14 nights you will see much more of sights you wish you never had to see due to the difference in average age (and I am part of that senior group and stand by that statement - facts are facts:):)).

I am really hoping this post is tongue in cheek. ;p

You obviously have not cruised recently as Celebrity Customer Services onboard will tell you that there is nothing they can do. Miami Head office has instructed them to not to upset the passengers by enforcing the request “not to reserve sun beds”.

So it’s definitely NOT tongue in cheek, we all need to join the hoggers as that’s the only way to get a bed on seadays, unfortunate but factual.

We were on Eclipse 10 night cruise 1st week of Dec 2016. We could always find spots around the pool and I was hoping for same on this cruise. We were on NCL Escape Nov 2017 in Haven and that was really nice. Their pools outside Haven were crazy busy. All these comments about how busy Reflection is have me second guessing this cruise. The itenerary is really nice. I have not visited the ABC islands. Maybe I should look at some of the other Soltice ships and itineraries.

Have done the 14 night sailing twice on Eclipse and ABC islands twice on Equinox. We don't visit the pool until 2pm and never had trouble finding a spot.

If you can't find a chair though take your towel up a deck and camp out on the lawn. Always a place to squeeze in there.

We were on Reflection, March/April, and found chair hogs were in full force. In December I didn't see that it was as bad. Still, if you want a prime spot get there early and stay. The pool Porter's will tag your chair if it vacant for a specific amount of time.