Weekly Weigh-in? I'm a newbie here :)

QTPieRye

Hi there. I was wondering what thread I need to use to join the Lose Before you Cruise group? Is there a specific thread for the weekly weigh-in? I started Atkins induction today and plan to lose 50 lbs by September 19th. Any strategies or tips are appreciated! I have heard from a few people that they feel tired all the time while on Atkins. Has anybody else felt this way? Also, what about diet coke? I am a diet coke junkie... drink a 32oz every morning on my way to work. Today I have not had a single one, but have drank about a pitcher of iced tea. Any comments are appreciated icon_smile.gif

Girls on the Conquest 9/19/04

qt,

let me be the first to welcome you. we weigh in on thursdays and you just post how you did, not your actual weight, unless you want to. we are a very supportive group here.i am glad you are trying atkins. i personally have lost 35 pounds in 2 months, of course i have a lot more to lose than most, so mine comes off easier.

stratagies or tips: read the entire book and follow it religiously...or at least really well icon_biggrin.gif lots of salads, but use lots of toppings to make them interesting...also use different types of lettuce for the same reason.

tired all the time??? you have to be kidding...most people find the opposite true. i have much more energy than i used to. now the first couple of days are really bad, but after the third day you will feel like a new person.

diet coke: that is the bad news. atkins calls for no caffiene (including the tea you used to substitute for the coke.) as it can slow weight loss. and no nutrasweet as it can cause cravings. atkins calls for 64 oz pure water per day.......having said that...i haven't cut out my diet coke. i have cut down to one a day and it does not seem to affect me, but as i said, i am a long way from goal so eventually i may have to do so. i guess it really depends on how it affects you.

any other questions feel free to post.

35 down, 186 to go

gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now.....hurry december!!!

kim

scandanavian cruise line 1987

cape canaviral - 1995

carnival jubilee - sept 2002

CARIVAL VALOR - DEC 26, 2004 (2ND VOYAGE FOR HER)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;12;26;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  days to go!!!!!!

Hi QT! There is a thread that someone starts early Thursday mornings for the weigh-in. Like Kim said, you don't have to post your weight, but just what you lost (or just if you lost), stayed the same or were a gainer.

This board is great! Because of the inspiration I get here, I am having the most successful diet that I have had in 15 years!

Lynn

Majesty of the Seas 06/01

Monarch of the Seas 06/02

Explorer of the Seas 05/03

Navigator of the Seas 06/05/04

Kim and Lynn- Thanks for the info. Kim... Congratulations on the weight loss icon_smile.gif That is awesome. Even though I would like to lose 50 by September 19th... i actually have around 90 total to lose. I thought I'd be realistic, as obviously I know I cannot lose 90 pounds in 6 months. Thus, the reason I set the 50 goal... I figure 10 lbs per month. I will check into the other thread for weight tracking. I am so depressed about not having the caffeine. It is literally killing me to not have one today. While the tea is all right... I love diet coke icon_smile.gif Crave diet coke.... i hope my craving will go away after a few days! Will keep you posted.

Debra

Girls on the Conquest 9/19/04

Debra - I feel for you as of Feb. 2nd I was totally addicted to Diet Pepsi. I am here to tell you, I no longer crave it. I drink the sugar free, caff. free Diet Rite one 12 oz. can a day, sometimes 2. Also, of course water, water and then more water! I told my DH that Pepsi should be going bankrupt soon without me buying DP!

Hang in there, it's worth the wait!

Ginny icon_smile.gif

HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska - 08/02

RCCL-Radiance of the Seas-Hawaii - 09/27/03

Debra,

Welcome to this group. You'll receive lots of support here. Your weight loss goal sounds realistic and doable.

Sorry about the diet Coke. I drink a house brand de-caf cola from Winn-Dixie. While it's nothing like a good Diet Pepsi, I'm managing.

Like others have said, drinking the water is the most important thing. That alone will change your metabolism and help to shed the pounds.

Good luck, we'll all look for you whether you post each day or every few days.

Cathy

bandc.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2211ff&cdt=2004;06;27;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until our **STAR** search

Seattle to Alaska on NCL Star

June 27, 2004

Fantasy 12/25/03

Inspiration 4/13/03

NCL Majesty 12/27/02

Jubilee 3/23/02

Norwegian Sea 11/23/01

Debra - I was also a Diet coke/ice tea addict. I read the book and followed the WOE like a cult member this time. Yes, I was tierd for the first two weeks. But, the benifit of breaking your caffine addiction is worth it. (I have allowed my self tea after the two weeks but, Diet Coke is a rare treat.)After my body got used to it I had so much energy. I even started the dreaded walking thing.

I had 100 pounds to loss. (More by my Doc.) I lost 50 in five months, 70 in 9 months and 75 to date. So, it is do able. The long version of my lose is on a couple other threads. There is also Mira's and other to motivate you.

I started this WOE 1/1/03 and it has worked well for me. Other threads to read:

Atkins - How much did you lose in the beginning?

Atkin's Diet (took a long time to read but worth it)

Many others have great info. Read as much as time allowsicon_smile.gif

If you have ? or need support just yell & leave e-mail addy if you want.

Melody

Paradise, 9-5-04

Holiday, 4-10-04

Inspiration, 11-30-03

Inspiration, 1-26-03

Victory,3-31-02

Sensation, 11-28-98

Holiday, 3-19-94

Hey Debra! I just wanted to welcome you and say HELLO! Good luck with your weight loss. You will have so much fun on this board. Everyone here is so nice and helpful. icon_biggrin.gif

<font color="#0000CC" face="Lydian Csv BT" size="4">~~Shelia~~</font></p>

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Archived