Going on Vista in 6 weeks, searching around for things to do in Mobay. I did read some reviews regarding the tours and shopping for $18pp. Where by the port to look for that tour? Is there something or person to look for?

thank y'all for the help!

It really depends on what type of experience you are looking for. Also, give the ports of call 'Jamaica' forum a look. And checking out suggestions on Trip Advisor will help you narrow down some choices.

My experience in Jamaica is limited to all-inclusives and private tours I have hired. There are some unbelievably beautiful areas in Jamaica. Like many ports areas and bigger city around the world, MB can be a bit ruff.

Thanks Mike, we have a 6 years old daughter loves the beach. But all the excursion from Carnival is outrageous with the price. Thinking about just get on the bus/taxi head to some beaches or maybe just small tour. Any suggestions?

I'm sorry, like I said all of my time in Jamaica has been at resorts. That is an idea though, but it could be too spendy. Look for kid friendly resorts to spend the day. FYI, where I go is Sandals and they are adult only. If you look into a resort make sure they are good about keeping vendors at bay. It can be a nuisance to put it mildly.

I like the idea of a resort for the day. May not be the cheapest but good for all ages involved.

Would recommend a trip to Nine Mile if your daughter was older. Great experience if you're a Bob Marley fan.

We did the air tram

to the public Beach by the cruise ship for like $18. This is one of the most beautiful beaches and we still talk about it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Mike, do you take a taxi to Sandals, or is there a shuttle?

Our resort/room fee included a shuttle. A couple of times our travel agent got us a private car. Of course that is very nice, but you miss out making new friends on the ride to the resort.

I have never had a cruise stop in Jamaica, so I'm not sure of the proximity of the port to a Sandals. Montego Bay is literally minutes from the airport because it is next to the tarmac. Sandals Royal is about ten minutes away from the airport.

Have a great time.

• 4 weeks later...

Take a taxi to Doctor's Cave beach. If you get hungry, walk down the street to Jimmy Buffet's. The taxi driver will do his best to talk you into going somewhere else, but don't let him. Just keep telling him that you are meeting the rest of your party at Doctor's Cave.

Sunset resort has an all inclusive day pass for around $70 (last I was there). The food is meh, and the drinks mostly suck, but their beach is extremely nice.

Do not wander around the streets - the street merchants are extremely pushy.