ACQuestion

LittleRedJohn

We have never been on Star Clipper. I have read some reports that the air conditioning in the cabins and the public areas is not the best. We're looking at a summer cruise, where we would want and need air conditioning. Can some previous passengers please give me some tips. Thanks. LittleRedJohn.

It is hit & miss in the cabins...as with any a/c system. Been on the Flyer twice & Royal once. It was fine on the Flyer in French Polynesia & on the Royal in the Southern Caribbean. On the Flyer in Costa Rica it was a bit sub par. Talked to several other couples & the a/c in their cabins was fine. Never noticed any issue in the public rooms on either of the ships.

Mike

We have been on the Royal Clipper nine times - air conditioning has always been good. Also three times on the Star Clipper - cannot recall any problems with the air conditioning there either.

We have been on all three ships, and as noted at the end of my review for the Star Clipper, Barbados through the Panama Canal, January 2011--we did have an A/C issue in our cabin (and other people that we spoke with) and the Dining Room was really hot (almost unbearable) several nights. We haven't had this problem before on any of our other sailings. Through the "grapevine" we heard that A/C was on its final legs and ready for replacement. However, I can't give you a real update on that.

I've always found the AC to be a bit weak on all of the Star Clipper ships. The worst was in French Polynesia aboard the Star Flyer (2/09). The AC was totally dead throughout the ship. Ten days in a steel box on a tropical sea in the tropical sun! Star Clippers refunded half the cost of passage it was so bad.

Archived