Copenhagen Card?

I apparently waited too long to be getting organized. The Copenhagen Card says that I need at least 6 wks for it to be delivered and I leave home in a fair bit less than that.

I can get a pdf voucher, but, it appears I have to get across town then in order to activate it.

Do I have any other options? Might it arrive in time if I order it now?

You can purchase it when you get there. At the airport, information centers and some of the attractions. We bought it at the information center near Tivioli the morning we arrived. We had stored our luggage at the hotel and set out to explore on foot. Took about three minutes.

You can purchase it when you get there. At the airport, information centers and some of the attractions. We bought it at the information center near Tivioli the morning we arrived. We had stored our luggage at the hotel and set out to explore on foot. Took about three minutes.

Except that I'm arriving on a cruise ship and can't get to any of those places without paying for the transport that the card is supposed to cover.

Am I missing something? On their website it only lists 3 places in the city (one of them the airport) where you can activate a voucher or buy the card.

Okay, reading further and there are only 3 places where I can activate a prepurchased voucher, but, there are other sales points where I can buy a card.

If I were to take a cab to the one closest to the cruise terminal (very expensive compared to taking the bus included with the card, though), would I be able to count on them having them or should I keep trying to come up with other options?

I've bought similar cards in other cities

IME they were available at virtually any 'tourist info centre' and these can usually be found at any bus hub, train or subway station, and often near popular attractions.

Except that I'm arriving on a cruise ship and can't get to any of those places without paying for the transport that the card is supposed to cover.

Am I missing something? On their website it only lists 3 places in the city (one of them the airport) where you can activate a voucher or buy the card.

If you are arriving at Oceankaj terminal you can get the card at the 'visitor centre' there: https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/cruisecopenhagen/copenhagen/copenhagen-visitor-service

You can check other sales points in the city here: https://copenhagencard.com/sales-points

• 3 weeks later...