Hi all how do I find a good singles cruise for 55 and older?

autoboss1

I am a widower and I am looking for a singles cruise for next year. Something between February and April 2019.

Does anyone have any suggestions? How do I get the best price? I could use some help with this.

Ed

Look at the NCL studio cabins for "best price" and read the singles and the solo threads here on Cruise Critic in the Special Interests section for more info.

I cruised Carnival solo many times when they charged a solo 150% fare, but since they raised it to double, I shop all lines to cost compare. Even found solo fares lower on Celebrity twice for my sail dates. Good luck doing price comparisions or getting a travel agent to do it for you.

We arent allowed to mention the names of the cruise travel agents that do the singles cruises, but google will help. There are several that do 55+ during the time frame that you mentioned. They have forums so you can chat and get to know people going on the same cruise.

There is a difference between solo and singles. Solo cruiser is one who is traveling unaccompanied (i.e. alone) may not be interested in social opportunities. Singles cruising is for those looking to meet other single folks in a group environment.

Try these forums on CC:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=276

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139

I am a widower and I am looking for a singles cruise for next year. Something between February and April 2019.

Does anyone have any suggestions? How do I get the best price? I could use some help with this.

Ed

There aren't necessarily "singles cruises," but there can be singles groups. Basically some travel agencies specialize in singles cruises, and a lot of times they will have big groups. I've even heard of whole ships being chartered for singles events. You just have to google them and you will be able to find something. Good luck!