Picture-A-Week 2018 - Week 30

pierces

We all have favorites. A favorite destination, favorite chair or as pictured, a favorite food or drink. As a rule, we have found most “house” Margaritas are usually no more than a icy mass with little flavor and less tequila. Even “premium” versions rarely add more than another $5 to the basic near-virginal recipe. Our favorite “house” Margarita is found at a smallish independent Mexican restaurant we have frequented for a couple of decades. They have a simple, unchanging recipe that includes actual Tequila and Triple Sec and isn’t watered down on half-price Margarita Wednesdays. I appreciate honesty, quality and of course, Los Magueyes’ house Margaritas.

An Honest Favorite

p2994646795-5.jpg

Dave

That RX is a bit different than the Dimage X you carried all those years ago! Though, I don't think you enjoyed the old Minolta any less. Yay, photography!

Happy shooting!

Dave

You're spot on there (as was your advice - thanks again) - having lots of fun, with lots to learn ...

• 2 weeks later...

I fell quite a bit behind with these threads, not because I didn't take photos during that time, but I never got around to processing an entire month's worth of shots. I've been involved in a yuge project going back through my online galleries and working on updating the posting size of all the older shots. I had uploaded many shots before 2013 at 800x600, which was usually plenty with older, smaller monitors and lower resolutions used in the past - but now they're just too small. So going through thousands of photos mostly between 2003 and 2013 has been quite time consuming. I finally got around to downloading the card from my camera of shots taken in July and up to this weekend, so here are some of those weekend wildlife shots:

Green heron:

original.jpg

Dead tree full of different birds:

original.jpg

Odd little red bug:

original.jpg

Raccoon walking my way, until he saw me and froze:

original.jpg

Very close up with a chubby little northern curly-tailed lizard I call 'Fred'...he lives in my backyard and loves August when the flying ants are in town - he eats them by the dozens running all over my deck, and I flick the ones from the pool to him when I go swimming - here he is waiting for me to flick another, as I shot this from in my pool:

original.jpg