Post your favorite CRUISE PICTURES

c230k

Wow, now that's some rain!! When we landed that Friday, it was raining but it stopped by the time we got to Wyndham. At that time, we were expecting TS Alberto to come and rain the entire trip but it never arrived. That was the only rain we ever saw and ended up having beautiful weather the entire time we were there. Hot and humid but no rain. We couldn't have asked for anything better! Had a wonderful time, even had a wild pig jump into out little boat when we were out on the bayou. Glad it was a pig instead of a gator! I was pretty bummed that it jumped back into the water before I could throw him on the barbecue!

27824582027_dcfd6c6793_k.jpg

42693492131_f45393d1c9_k.jpg

I was wondering about Alberto since they were talking about that one when we left. Glad you had great weather. Love your pictures from the bayou and I'm laughing about the wild pig. We did a bayou tour, but our friends chose the air boats. That was a blast, but all open water/march, so we weren't really back in the swamps, which is what I'd love to see. Saw 2 gators on our tour and that was it, but it was fun until we hit the rain on the way back...we were soaked. Which tour company did you use for bayou tour? We used Ultimate Swamp Adventures for the air boats. They are in Westwago, just south of the city. The gator in your pic...he looks like he's dancing. Did you just happen to catch him jumping out of the water? Love that pic!

I was wondering about Alberto since they were talking about that one when we left. Glad you had great weather. Love your pictures from the bayou and I'm laughing about the wild pig. We did a bayou tour, but our friends chose the air boats. That was a blast, but all open water/march, so we weren't really back in the swamps, which is what I'd love to see. Saw 2 gators on our tour and that was it, but it was fun until we hit the rain on the way back...we were soaked. Which tour company did you use for bayou tour? We used Ultimate Swamp Adventures for the air boats. They are in Westwago, just south of the city. The gator in your pic...he looks like he's dancing. Did you just happen to catch him jumping out of the water? Love that pic!

We did the VIP tour with Cajun Encounters in Slidell. The VIP tour goes deeper into the bayou than their normal tours and uses a smaller boat (only 8 people instead of 23 on their other boats). The smaller boat is much lower to the water too. The gator in my pic above was jumping out of the water for some food. We saw a ton of gators throughout the swamp. At one point there were over 10 alligators swimming around our boat. They were so close you could reach out and touch them. It was actually tempting to try and pet them until you see just how quickly they can move and turn in the water. They'd take your hand off before you'd even realize it!

42644260502_b37e28d898_k.jpg

42693488381_c4c3adc9a0_k.jpg

We did the VIP tour with Cajun Encounters in Slidell. The VIP tour goes deeper into the bayou than their normal tours and uses a smaller boat (only 8 people instead of 23 on their other boats). The smaller boat is much lower to the water too. The gator in my pic above was jumping out of the water for some food. We saw a ton of gators throughout the swamp. At one point there were over 10 alligators swimming around our boat. They were so close you could reach out and touch them. It was actually tempting to try and pet them until you see just how quickly they can move and turn in the water. They'd take your hand off before you'd even realize it!

42644260502_b37e28d898_k.jpg

42693488381_c4c3adc9a0_k.jpg

Oh wow, your pictures of the gators are AWESOME!!! These would make excellent postcards with captions reading "Send more tourists, the last ones were great". Lol!!!! That was on a fridge magnet I got on our first NOLA trip (gator holding a sneaker). Thanks for the information about the tour you took. If we ever get back, that is something I'd like to look into since that's a bayou tour that would be more of what I want to see "up close and personal" (deep in the swamps, trees in the water, wildlife...even snakes). We were on a 16 person air boat (there were 8 in our group) and the best way to describe where we were this time would be a "flooded field". Flat and hardly any trees, although there were a few smaller trees here and there. We did a bayou tour the first time we went to NOLA in 1996. That was in the same general area (Bayou Segnette State Park), but we were in a covered boat and the section of "bayou" we were on looked more like a small river, but did have the trees along the sides and we saw a lot more gators that time, but never got deep in the swamp among the trees that grow in the water. I had a film camera the first time, so not much in the way of pictures, but did get two decent ones of alligators. I don't know if we were officially in the state park this time or not, but we were very close (both in Westwego, basically right across the river from NOLA).

This is where we were this time (2018):

enhance

Both pics from 1996 (scanned from film pictures, so not the best quality)

enhance

enhance

Don't shoot!

enhance

Edinburgh Castle, British Islands Cruise

Vic

We live on the opposite side of the Firth of Forth (behind that small island at about 2 o'clock in your photo! We look out onto the 'back side' of the island across the water to Edinburgh Castle (100 metres from the beach - been watching the cruise ships sailing to & fro this week - only 430 days to our next cruise :D)

Steve & Elaine

• 1 month later...

these photos were taken on our caribbean cruise in december 2017, we were celebrating our 70th birthdays and our golden wedding anniversary. we was on AZURA for 2 weeks it was only our second cruise. the first cruise was on VENTURA to the caneries for 2 weeks, absolutly loved it, and the caribbean, well that was amazing. we also swam with dolphins. i would not have missed that for the world. our third cruise is booked for the NORWEGIAN FJORDS next june for a week on BRITTANIA.

rsz_20171223_153445.thumb.jpg.40c780dbda047d49bbc1018fdb92a301.jpg

rsz_20171224_001639_1.thumb.jpg.c09f64950406d902776f89811398f2c5.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...