Balmoral Island Stingray Encounter Question

TMD7496

Hi everyone!

I’m cruising on NCL Escape on 10/21 for my wedding and considering what excursion to do in Nassau. It would be me, my husband, and my 18 month old son. I was wondering if anyone has done this excursion and if my son would be too young to participate in it.

We’re debating between this one and Atlantis, I just want something my toddler will enjoy.

Thanks for suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion about a year and a half ago. We liked that the boat picked us up and dropped us off right at the dock, so no need to travel anywhere. It is a nice, scenic boat ride to the island. The island is beautiful and the beach is gorgeous and calm (would be great for young children). There are chairs and umbrellas and a pool. We did the stingrays with my teens and they were skeptical at first. These rays are large and can be intimidating, so I would think that your 18 month old may be a bit afraid. The employees are great in helping you to get used to them and having you pose for pictures. I suspect that they would do whatever they could to assist your child and allow "baby steps" to touching the rays. You're never more than waist deep, so you could easily hold him. We really enjoyed this excursion and have said several times that we would go back here if we ever found ourselves in Nassau again. There's also dolphin swims & I understand that you can book JUST the beach break without doing either the sting ray or dolphin encounters. On a side note, food and drinks there are very expensive, so be prepared.

We did this excursion about a year and a half ago. We liked that the boat picked us up and dropped us off right at the dock, so no need to travel anywhere. It is a nice, scenic boat ride to the island. The island is beautiful and the beach is gorgeous and calm (would be great for young children). There are chairs and umbrellas and a pool. We did the stingrays with my teens and they were skeptical at first. These rays are large and can be intimidating, so I would think that your 18 month old may be a bit afraid. The employees are great in helping you to get used to them and having you pose for pictures. I suspect that they would do whatever they could to assist your child and allow "baby steps" to touching the rays. You're never more than waist deep, so you could easily hold him. We really enjoyed this excursion and have said several times that we would go back here if we ever found ourselves in Nassau again. There's also dolphin swims & I understand that you can book JUST the beach break without doing either the sting ray or dolphin encounters. On a side note, food and drinks there are very expensive, so be prepared.

Great thank you so much!!

Bring water shoes. This beach is terribly rocky! I would not go back. We did stingrays and dolphins and it was fun, but the rocks were horrible . Pictures are very expensive as well!

Thank you! Do they allow you to take your own photos or only they take them and you have to buy them?