Dumb Question about Online Checkin

mdsgu

So I got an email from NCL telling me I need to go ahead and check in (we are 58 days out from our trip). And that I have to give them my CC. That's fine....less I have to bother with at the port. So I go on NCL and enter all 4 passports. It asks me for my CC info that I'm going to use, so I entered that. I only authorized myself and my wife on the card; we never give the kids charging privileges because who know what that would lead to, especially if they found the arcade. Now, however, it says that their checkins are not complete. Is that right? Is it going to cause a problem when we do cruise? What if someone wanted to set up a cash account?

I checked in my parents-in-law, and it says they are 100% complete and they would receive an email when their eDocs were ready to print.

I was never asked for my CC. From what I gather it won’t matter as you will still need to give a CC at check in. It does not have to be the same one. If you are all in one cabin you don’t even need to worry about printing separate e docs. All the info will be there on one set. Some people do not even print those but in my experience they always want to see them before letting you into the terminal.

Even if you put in the CC on your kids on line check in you definitely can remove it at check in....

I was never asked for my CC. From what I gather it won’t matter as you will still need to give a CC at check in. It does not have to be the same one. If you are all in one cabin you don’t even need to worry about printing separate e docs. All the info will be there on one set. Some people do not even print those but in my experience they always want to see them before letting you into the terminal.

Even if you put in the CC on your kids on line check in you definitely can remove it at check in....

Hi! We received email from NCL this week telling us to check in and register our CC for our next cruise (Nov 12th) - this is the first time we're being asked to enter our CC during the check in. So this is the new thing.

Yes, I agree that the OP can remedy by removing the CC on their kids' account - but at Guest Services after boarding.

So I got an email from NCL telling me I need to go ahead and check in (we are 58 days out from our trip). And that I have to give them my CC. That's fine....less I have to bother with at the port. So I go on NCL and enter all 4 passports. It asks me for my CC info that I'm going to use, so I entered that. I only authorized myself and my wife on the card; we never give the kids charging privileges because who know what that would lead to, especially if they found the arcade. Now, however, it says that their checkins are not complete. Is that right? Is it going to cause a problem when we do cruise? What if someone wanted to set up a cash account?

I checked in my parents-in-law, and it says they are 100% complete and they would receive an email when their eDocs were ready to print.

The CC info thing is being phased in. We just had it added to out 11/16 cruise a day or two ago. As for the kids, if it REQUIRES you to enter payment info just enter that they will eb using cash. Then at the port explain that they will not have purchasing privileges.

I was told to register my CC when I arrived at the port and that way my friend and I can each have our own separate accounts. They said that online only one CC could be registered. I know that this is not your situation but it's OK to register your card when you arrive.

You can set up individual accounts with the on line system as well. Whoever "they" are were wrong.

• 3 months later...
On 9/21/2018 at 8:09 PM, bluesea777 said:

Hi! We received email from NCL this week telling us to check in and register our CC for our next cruise (Nov 12th) - this is the first time we're being asked to enter our CC during the check in. So this is the new thing.

Yes, I agree that the OP can remedy by removing the CC on their kids' account - but at Guest Services after boarding.

duhhhh,     what does OP stand for?

Just now, TrpngBilly said:

OP is Original Poster, referring to the person that started the initial thread or asked the first question.

thank you !      I have figured out most of the abbreviations but that one I just couldn't get the right verbiage to make since of it :classic_cool:

1 minute ago, tanjan4evr said:

thank you !      I have figured out most of the abbreviations but that one I just couldn't get the right verbiage to make since of it :classic_cool:

No problem.  I had to ask someone what SMH meant...after trying to figure it out on my own for about three weeks.

Just now, tanjan4evr said:

ok u got me?  without being in some kind of context I am not sure what SMH stands for?  lol  'splain please :classic_biggrin:

"Shaking My Head". Usually refers to someone either doing something or saying something incredibly dumb in your presence.

I have the exact same thing happening to me with my cruise (just my 12 year old son and I).

I put in my credit card info for my payment but left his empty.

Every time I go in it says I need to complete his online check in...

however..

When I go to the main page it says that my online check is 100% complete so I know I have all the info.