NCL Free Cruise Promo Legit?

palm1

Sometimes I am so stupid I want to kick myself.

Most of this thread is from two years ago. Still, the information is probably still current. People send out postcards and make phone calls offering "free cruises" all the time.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

There are many legit offers offering an almost free cruise, but you know who and why they are coming from.

• 1 month later...

I just got a letter with side pull off on each side. It states Congratulations 7 night cruise, with round trip airfare. Now I know these things are scams and a trap but the wishful side, wants a free cruise darn it. Anyone got this? It has Norwegian's logo in the upper left and then there is small print that mentions Infinity Travel an authorized agent of Norwegians the phone number is 855-733-7139. Anyone?

I just got a letter with side pull off on each side. It states Congratulations 7 night cruise, with round trip airfare. Now I know these things are scams and a trap but the wishful side, wants a free cruise darn it. Anyone got this? It has Norwegian's logo in the upper left and then there is small print that mentions Infinity Travel an authorized agent of Norwegians the phone number is 855-733-7139. Anyone?

Well I couldn't leave this alone and I called Norwegian and they said they know nothing about it. Told them their names are all over it using their Logo and name. They just stated it was not them. I offered to send them a scan of it so they could see it. They weren't interested. You would think they would be. Oh well..........

Well I couldn't leave this alone and I called Norwegian and they said they know nothing about it. Told them their names are all over it using their Logo and name. They just stated it was not them. I offered to send them a scan of it so they could see it. They weren't interested. You would think they would be. Oh well..........

I got a phone call that started with "you've won a free cruise..." but I don't know anything else since I hung up.

Several years ago I won an ACTUAL travel prize. They notified me by email with nothing at all mass-produced or spammy about it. It contained a person's actual name and phone number and did not ask me for any fees of any kind. No postcards. No printed letters with printed "signatures".

I contacted them. They sent me forms to fill in and get notarized. Then I got the prize... plus they reported it to the IRS and I had to pay taxes on it. So that's what happens when you *actually* win something. (And I've already spent it so no point in sucking up to me for free travel anymore... :) )

• 2 weeks later...

DH got one today and was pretty excited... but I, being a faithful CC reader remembered this thread! :D This one looks like a check and has the NCL logo all over it but on the back of the "check" (which has no amount) it says it is a promotional offer from IIG Promotions and "may" require attendance at a 90 minute presentation. Age, income and marital status requirements apply.

Dead giveaway for a timeshare promotion....

Port restrictions, travel date restrictions AND cruise must be taken prior to receiving air fare. hahaha, that was pretty funny - the print ad makes it sound like you can get the airfare to the port to travel.

For what it's worth, the offer number was 3777 and the phone number 855-733-7139 for anybody who wants to check it out.

IIGPromofront.jpg

CCI05212014_00000.png

IIGPromoside1.jpg

The fist pic is what you get in your mail box.

The second is what it opens to.

The third pic is the back with fine print.

My wife insisted this was free, but after reading the post here and doing a simple google search this is no more than very clever marketing. Nowhere on this piece does it say FREE. Very clever indeed. Almost got us.

Edited by cbostic817

I got the same exact thing. I just tore it up and threw it in the trash. These checks are scams. You get sucked in, pay them the so called port fees and taxes and you never get to go on the cruise they promise you.

Don't even bother any further unless you want to just give your money away with nothing in return.

Hope this helps.

• 4 years later...