Pride Dec.12-19th

Martita B.

Sailors~~~~ I will e-mail James Best at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel and ask him to please reserve a dinner table for all of us for the evening of the 11th out on the terrace/deck. I have read there is a charming beach bar with a "NOT to be missed" Charlie, the bartender......a real character, I understand. As H.D. arrives from Miami around 2 pm, I'm sure by the time I arrive around 6:40, they'll be great buddies!

Chairsin, are you and hubby using Kim Hunte to "fetch" you from the airport? Their rate is about the same as a Taxi. They are picking me up.......if you need their e-mail I'll be happy to post it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Barbados! AND our holiday luxury cruise aboard the beautiful M/V Seabourn Pride!

Martita B.

I am curious to know if any of you on this trip also received outdated Tumi certificates. Mine expired 11/1. I had emailed the line, but had no response and I called today. They said it should still be honored, but I told them my code was not accepted online or on the phone. They believe I am the only one to which this has occurred and I suggested that perhaps I wasn't. Can you look? It won't matter, unless they call me back and I can share the information, not by name, of course.

Jane in PHL~ 9 days and certainly counting

Thank you for the encouraging words and the Seabourn welcome, Miss Martita and LaPaloma. My sincere hope is that after a short time onboard, I am completely hooked!

LaPaloma, by any chance are you the woman in one of the Seabourn videos who talks about how many shoes she brings on a cruise? As I take more shoes than anything else when I cruise, I quite enjoyed hearing similar sentiments from another "shoe lover"!

Claudia

Have a wonderful voyage...full moon, smooth seas......

I'm sailing 12/30/04 on the Dawn(not your line but its easy - no airports) & wll be in Barbados sometime during the cruise...I'll stop by your hotel to see if its still standing after your whirlwind presailin stay.(I usually go to Glitter Bay)

So have a wonderful time & lots of bubbly! We all look forward to your return & historic(hysterical) tales on the sea!

Many thanks Squire Rottie!

I think the Coconut Court Beach place will indeed be standing and will be in fine form when we depart for the beautiful Pride ship.......it has gone thru' a number of fierce hurricanes in the past few years......... I don't think a few well behaved, seasoned, sophisticated Seabourn-ites will daunt or overawe them! hahaha Sure wish you could be with us! (they would be fazed, by you)

Have a wonderful voyage on the Dawn ship.......will you be joining friends?

We are all looking forward to being with "our ex-tended family" for a week.....

Port Outbound.......Starboard Home!

Holiday Wishes To You

Martita B.

Venicecruiser.....YUP...you got me....I am guilty of being a shoe queen..and my husband is "James Bond"..ha!

It is just essential that a girl is well shod when she partakes of champagne and caviar! You go girl...take everything that you NEED..and ALWAYS ENJOY!

LaPaloma - As of right now, I don't have a "shoe count" for the upcoming Legend cruise. I can tell you, though, that I will be taking one small suitcase just for shoes and purses along with the 2 suitcases for clothing......

I thought your husband was adorable in the video when he talked about dressing up on formal evenings! It's great to hear a man admit he likes to get all dressed up!

Claudia

Claudia...prepare to be enchanted! The Legend is the best. I hope that Capt. Geir Arne Thue Nilsen is your Captain. He will be visiting us in a week in Tucson. I dont know when he boards again...but can only hope for you. He is the best! The staff is also the best. Look out for Csaba, Lucca, Adam, Nancy, and a wonderful young man from Hungary with a difficult name...I feel terrible..cant bring it up right now! You just cannot imagine how special this staff is...and they will take you to their bosom immediately..it is amazing! Prepare to enjoy the trip of a lifetime. A timely tip...if you want to take part in the trivia....look to make up a team of diverse ages...it is very helpful..ha! enjoy!

If you think womem are bad about shoes -- you should meet my husband. Since I do all of the packing we get into major "discussions" about how many pairs of shoes he can take -- he want to take gym shoes, walking shoes, dress shoes ( black and brown), sandals, and tux shoes.Well with men's shoes this takes a lot of space. I sometimes think I created a monster when I got him interested in clothes 12 years ago!

Martita,

We will help your friends break Charlie in before you get there! Can't wait -- one week!

Jane,

More ammo for you -- just got our tickets and travels document case last week -- along with a Tumi cert that expired on Nov 11 -- tell them we agree that is tacky.

Hey Girlfriend........I'll see 'yall in 'ole Barbados on Sat.

If you happen to see HD around the Hotel, please introduce yourselves to him. For the past couple of weeks, we actually didn't know if he would indeed be able to join us......he has been ill. BUT, the wonderful news is, YES, he will be with us! He is a delight! And has been a Seabourn Sailor since 1990......his first sailing was a Crossing from London to New York.......a 9 day voyage.

I did make our CC Beach Hotel cocktail/dinner reservations with Mr. James Best (his name is so apropos', as he's been so kind and nice to work with)

We will enjoy having a few more Seabourn folks at our 'lit presailing party......I think my guest count is about 10! (say "Yee Haw", chairsin)

See all of you in Barbados.......and so looking forward to our Holidays on the Pride ship!

MB

Archived