Nov.21-28th Seabourn PrideReview

emmylou

I don't know where to begin.We were wisked onto the Pride so fast we are still wondering where the embarkation was.

What a wonderful experience and to make it even greater besides the staff

and crew were the passengers.They were really a very friendly group of

cruisers.

We met cruise crazy one (Donna) and her husband(Jerry) and it was really nice meeting you and thanks for being so nice to us.Maybe we will be on another Seabourn cruise sometime.

Also a big Hi to Jai cat (Faith ) and her husband (Colin).

Well the trip on the Pride was beyond our expectations for the ship itself.

Like a lot of the passengers we also thought the side of Tobago we went to

was'nt a place we would want to visit again,but I think someone said they usually go to the other side of the Island and went to this side because the roads were washed out on the other side from the storms.

We loved the lobster bar-b-que and the champaign and caviar in the surf and the water was warm 85 degrees.

Speaking of champaign and caviar it never stopped.

The shows were very professionally done,and Eric Degray well all I can say is

I wanted to take him home with me.What a talent.I did purchase his cd so

we can hear his great voice when ever we want.

The Captain,what a delightful man and funny and can he talk he was great.

We had lunch in our suite quite a revelation and that Moulton Browne bath.

Well I guess I had better sign off now.

As you can tell we didn't enjoy ourselves very much.

emmylou :D

mcboo

Thank you my friend you were right.

emmylou :)

MartitaB

Yes there are a few escargo and just a few bottles of champaign when we

left but don't know about now,remember there were another set of cruisers after us.How about it mcboo and cruisecrazyone did you leave any for martita and gang???Every morning when we got up Al and I would say we are

going to cut down and everynight all our promises were off the balcony and in the water.

chairsin

Thanks for the wishes as Alan(my hubby) said this wasn't a cruise this was

an experience.We met a lot of wonderful sailors and a lovely lady named Miss

Klause in her 80s and I believe she said on her 59th cruise with Seabourn.

CruisenMatt

Thank you for reading my review and if you have never sailed Seabourn just

wait you also will be saying sailing any other way will never be the same.

mcboo and cruisecrazyone

WELCOME HOME

emmylou :D :)

Emmylou and Martita,

Plenty of Champagne and Escargot left.

Can't say that about the Chocolate Creme Brulee.

Miss Martita,

I have put in a special order for you for mint for the Mojitos.

We had a problem getting it on our cruise and cheffy found it next to last day.

He had to show me as he was coming back on board from the market. He was so happy that he could accommodate the request.

Thats all for now. Will do the review when I am out of my American Airlines (still yuck) induced coma.

mcboo who who:eek::eek:

Naverone

We didn't take a tour this part of the Island Seabourn stopped at is not the side they usually stop at from what we were told.The roads were washed away on the other side.The side we were on wasn't very clean and the further you walked away from the port the worse it looked.Some of the passengers that got off the ship ahead of us were already coming back.When we asked if there was anything further down the road we received a no with a capital N.We had gotten off to maybe do some shopping but we didn't see anyone buying anything not much to purchase

from what little we saw.

We may have had a better opinion if we had taken one of the tours.However we weren't the only ones on the Pride that felt this way about this side of the Island.

emmylou

Hi! For anyone who doesn't know, Emmylou is an angel! So enjoyed your company onboard! What a sweetheart you are! Yes, weather was hideous the first week, but that Beach BBQ in Mayreau was sunny and absolutely glorious! Welcome to the Seabourn family--trust we will see you on many Seabourn cruises in the future! (There is a bit of champagne and caviar left but NO french fries--I ate vats and vats of them--back to Healthy Choice tonight!

We actually enjoyed our day in tobago- but then again we are beach bums! we took a taxi to a hotel (I think it was called Blue Waters) around 10 minutes away and just spent the day on beach relaxing, swimming and sitting at the bar sipping frozen cocktails. (we cruised on the 7th to 14th). I can imagine if you are not beach fans, you may not like this place.

Jane

Speaking of the wonderful Seabourn breadsticks do you know how Seabourn turns out thousands of then every day? Cheffy Trevor revealed the secret to me on our Spirit cruise last year ( so glad he was promonted to maitre d' hotel and will be on our cruise next week -- you will adore him).

Anyway, times up -- it is as close to mechanization as Trevor would stomach -- they make the bread dough and then roll thin sheets of it through a pasta machine and voila -- breadsticks. Is that just too cleaver? So don't worry -- if they run out they can very easily crank out another batch.

Can't wait to meet you and all the gang Saturday night at our Seabourn warm up dinner. I'll be the blond lady in black and white pants ( unless I change my mind).

cruisecrazyone,

you are so kind.We really had a good time.Even though we had some rain you have to admit Captain Rodahl did his best to keep us out of it.Alan said to send his regards to you and Jerry he also was glad to have had the pleasure of meeting you both.You both are great company.

Speaking of those glorious breadsticks,the chef we had on board the Pride

cheffy Pasqual De Portemont is not only friendly but also is very approachable and in his words "I share my reciepes".I took him up on that

and he sent the reciepe for the breadsticks to my suite.Since he was kind enough to share it with me I will be happy to share it with anyone who wishes to have it.

I would love to know how it is they are able to keep those french fries so crisp,and Donna you are right about them if my waist would have allowed me to I think

I could have given you a run for your money on them,but then you would'nt have had any left for the second half of your back to back.

emmylou:D

cruisecrazyone,

Speaking of those glorious breadsticks,the chef we had on board the Pride

cheffy Pasqual De Portemont is not only friendly but also is very approachable I would love to know how it is they are able to keep those french fries so crisp,

Pascal (top sausage) is Belgian and they are experts on fries (I dare not call them French fries because the Belgians claim they invented them) since Fries are probably the Belgian national dish. That all said, he is also the only Belgian I've met who cooks proper fish and chips just the way they should be. Make sure you check them out the next time they have Galley Market. They are on the left up top just as you are leaving the galley. Very few places outside the UK get it right and those that do are usually British owned. Kings Head in Santa Monica CA still make the best fish and chips I have tasted outside the UK.

Phil

Phil

Thanks for the correction was brought up saying french fries never knew

they were anything but french.

Doesn't surprise me cheffy is top sausage in Belgium he is on my list of

favorite people and if I could have I would have brought him as well as Eric

Degray home with me.

Phil

Doesn't surprise me cheffy is top sausage in Belgium he is on my list of

favorite people and if I could have I would have brought him as well as Eric

Degray home with me.

Heh, they were my neighbours on the Pride. Both of them are top blokes although I wouldn't take Eric home with you as I don't think you would be able to take the pace of all the partying ;)

Phil

Archived