Transatlantic Westbound: Port or Starboard Side?

Sphynxie

Does anyone have a preference for a stateroom on a certain side of the ship and why? It will be the November crossing and I'll be on Deck 2 of SeaDream I, headed from Europe to the Caribbean. I figure the port(hole)s do not open; so I am wondering if the port side of the ship gets warmer than the starboard side, because of the SW to SE position of the sun at that time. I'm never cold but I certainly can get too warm.

Presently, I am booked in 211, but 216 opened up and I was wondering if anyone likes the port side better. I love the motion of the ocean and am halfway tempted to ask for a room change, with 216 being a bit farther forward.

We only will have one stop along the way, so docking side of the ship may not be an issue for me.

Thank you!

We have no preference in Port or Starboard. And we will choose either side depending on which of our preferred cabins is available. We have not noticed a difference in either side on Deck 2, possibly because of the portholes vs the larger windows on Decks 3 and 4. Also, we aren't in the your room very much during the daytime, so it really shouldn't matter in terms of sun position. And the room curtains do a great job in terms of blocking out any sun.

Stateroom 211 is a slight be more towards mid-ship, but only by 2 staterooms, so it shouldn't matter much in terms of motion of the ship.

Thank you, BeignetBoy! You have convinced me to keep cabin 211. Traveling solo, I occasionally have my escape-to-solitude moments during the day; but there should not be much commotion on a ship with so few passengers aboard. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Sphinxie, You won't find any problem finding spots to escape to solitude. There are many nooks on the ship to just be alone with the sea. I really enjoyed my crossing! And yes the side of the ship truly doesn't matter. Never gave it a thought really. Enjoy!