Help with Nassau Excursion

AUBURN90

My husband and I are going on a cruise in March 2019 and need help selecting an excursion in Nassau. We had a bad experience on our last cruise with the excursion we chose in Nassau. After searching online we decided on a beach day pass at Breezes Resort. Bad decision!! The resort was run down, the beach chairs were broken, the food was average and the drinks were cheap alcohol.

We really enjoy all inclusive beach day passes where we can enjoy the sand, water, good food and some drinks. We’re not interested in water sports or water slides. What are some of the resorts in Nassau that you would suggest? Thanks

• Like 1

We’re planning to go to Melia when we’re there in a few weeks. It is not an all inclusive but the property looks amazing and the reviews are positive. It’s $51 per person from 9AM to 5PM includes use of all pools, beach, lingers,etc. they provide towels also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have done the "Colonial Hilton" in downtown Nassau many times. I think the cost is around $60.00 USD pp. However. you get about 20 - 30 dollars (approx.) of that back in a food and drink credit. It is not an All-inclusive property. It is very clean and well maintained. You get to use the pool area as well as the "Private beach Area" associated with the property. It is not more than 15 - 20 mins. walk from the cruise port, depending on how you walk.

Have a fun cruise.....:cool::cool:(y):ship:

If you rent a room at comfort suites on paradise island you get 4 tickets to Atlantis, it cost 4 of us $240 for tickets and taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Son and family did that in January of this year, they got the same deal at comfort and apparently just a quick walk to Atlantis

We enjoyed RIU, but prices have gone up. For non inclusives I’d pick the Melia over Hilton any day. The prices for Atlantis really fluctuate, through them, third party vendors, or comfort suites, but the draw is the water park, so if you aren’t interested in that, I’d choose another option. I think the Warwick is an AI?

I think my cruise next week will make around 10 visits to Nassau, and I may have found something new in Nassau and it may be right up your alley. It's listed as PEARL ISLAND BEACH ESCAPE AND SNORKEL. The reviews seem good and it is offered through Royal. You can find good write ups on Tripadvisor. I will be there a week from today, so in 2 or 3 weeks, I'll include my stay there as part of my upcoming cruise review for Enchantment.

We always walk down to the Tiki Bikini Hut on Junkanoo Beach. We pay a set fee for 2 chairs, umbrella, and unlimited tropical drinks. They have different packages for different prices but I believe it was around $45 for the package we normally get. It was an easy walk from the ship and worth every penny to me. It's always a great day at the Tiki Bikini Hut...

I second the suggestion for British Colonial Hilton! Easy walk from the ship, gorgeous beach with view of the ship, generous drink/food credit, use of facilities including beach chair, umbrellas and pool. We book through Resort For A Day.

I think my cruise next week will make around 10 visits to Nassau, and I may have found something new in Nassau and it may be right up your alley. It's listed as PEARL ISLAND BEACH ESCAPE AND SNORKEL. The reviews seem good and it is offered through Royal. You can find good write ups on Tripadvisor. I will be there a week from today, so in 2 or 3 weeks, I'll include my stay there as part of my upcoming cruise review for Enchantment.

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise

We’re planning to go to Melia when we’re there in a few weeks. It is not an all inclusive but the property looks amazing and the reviews are positive. It’s $51 per person from 9AM to 5PM includes use of all pools, beach, lingers,etc. they provide towels also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please let me know how you like it. We’re very interested in Melia

We always walk down to the Tiki Bikini Hut on Junkanoo Beach. We pay a set fee for 2 chairs, umbrella, and unlimited tropical drinks. They have different packages for different prices but I believe it was around $45 for the package we normally get. It was an easy walk from the ship and worth every penny to me. It's always a great day at the Tiki Bikini Hut...

Can you book online?

Can you book online?

No just walk right on over. Like I said we love it. It's such a relaxing day and you will have a waiter that brings your drinks. We ate lunch there (I can't remember if it was included in the price or not) and it was great! Fried Conch Fritters and home fries. It was perfect.