Koningsdam Dining Packages

Carol28

We are interested in the Ultimate Dining Package that buys us one dinner at each of the five restaurants on board. If we buy it before our cruise, it is $95.00 per package which is a $25.00 savings.

HAL representative just told me that these packages with these savings cannot be had once on board.

Can someone please verify that we cannot make this purchase at this price once we are on board?

What packages are available once on board?

Thank you for your info.

Out of curiosity, does $15 cover the costs of dining at the Kitchen? I couldn’t really look up prices - my cruise is too far in advance! Based on my google searches, it looks like one could have a decent dinner at Sel de Mer for $30 (or very close to it) but $15 sounds low to me. I will be traveling with my parents and want to purchase specialty dining in advance for us, and I’m debating if I should get that package or just book two or three Tamarinds, two Canaletto and maybe a PG. Decisions, decisions!!

When we were on the Koningsdam, I noted, somewhere in the fine print, that they chose the nights for which restaurants in the package, and that it was assigned once you were on board. That was not acceptable to us and was worth the difference in "savings" to make the restaurant reservations in advance for the specific dates and times I selected (due to excursions in port for example, or which night to do a "special" dinner). Additionally, I cancelled our "kitchen" dinner, as it really didn't seem all that appealing once we were onboard. Also, there was something about dining in a specialty for a first night, I later learned after disembarkation, that it would be discounted. This credit was never offered to us, and by that time I learned of it, I didn't bother with it, but still think of this as being quite annoying that they didn't credit us. We did definitely enjoy the specialty restaurants on the Koningsdam, but the main dining room not so much (due to it being so large and crowded). We also enjoyed the extended balcony (a few cabins on the 4th deck, I believe).