1 or 2 days in st Petersburg Russia

travelbiker

Hello everyone , could anyone guide me , I would like to book a trip in the Baltic Sea but I can't decide if I need 2 days in St Petersburg Russia or one. Yes it is a question of paying more money for the cruise, a 7 days cruise vs a 9 or 11 days cruise. Also on the 7 days , I don't get to visit Berlin. Any comment? Thank you

Hello everyone , could anyone guide me , I would like to book a trip in the Baltic Sea but I can't decide if I need 2 days in St Petersburg Russia or one. Yes it is a question of paying more money for the cruise, a 7 days cruise vs a 9 or 11 days cruise. Also on the 7 days , I don't get to visit Berlin. Any comment? Thank you

In my opinion, do 2 days. It's worth the money. Ask yourself this..... how many times do you plan to visit St. Petersburg? If the answer is "once," then do as much as you can. It's a spectacular city with so many sites to visit. We did 2 days. Booked our tour with TJ Travel (highly recommended). Worked with them to adjust to add some things that we wanted to see with no problem. Were picked up on day one shortly after the ship docked and got back to the ship after 7 pm and then back at it on day 2. And there are lots of other companies that are recommended also. Go on line and look at the tours offered and the difference between one and two days. That may help you decide.

There is so much to see in St Petersburg I would recommend 2 days. I cruised this year on Navigator from Southampton (12 nights). We did the Royal Caribbean 2 day tour - I know it costs more than booking privately - but we had 2 fantastic guides and saw so many different places. Due to the World Cup the traffic was really heavy getting back to the ship on day 2 and we were later than all aboard time - a bonus of being with a ship's tour is that they will wait

I wouldn’t bother for just 1 day, you’d miss too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I as a former citizen of USSR spent more than a month there and believe or not we had something interesting to see there every day.

There was a study that if you spent 30 seconds near each Hermitage art you will need to be there for 11 years 8 hours a day. :)

Definitely 2 days...there is so much to see. We were on a tour for 8 or 9 hours each of the two days we were there, and it was just amazing. It was the highlight of our Baltics cruise a year ago. Check your Roll Call here on Cruise critic. There were two tours set up by other passengers on our roll call. One with TJ tours ( I think) and the one we took with ALLA Tours which was was wonderful. We got a discounted price and our guide spoke perfect English. We saw A LOT and loved it!:D

Two days. Anything less for such a unique stop is just not good. I used TJ travel, which was great. There are several private companies to chose from, and honestly all the tours are similar. The best part, of 2 days, is that you can extend your tour into the evening and enjoy the city in a different way. Example is that we added a walking tour in the evening, and added dinner to it. So, the larger day tour dropped us off and basically handed us over to a private evening tour guild who took us to a place for dinner, with our choosing it. Came back for us after dinner, and we did a walk off the beaten path St Petersburg having a one on one history lesson. The evening ended with Vodka tasting and small plates. Sometime after 10:00pm we returned to the ship, to wake up and continue our two day tour.

I may never go back, unlike other places, so the two days, we packed as much as possible into it, and truly enjoyed it.

We did 2 days and took the first day there and flew to Moscow using a ship excursion - what an amazing trip. The second day we hired a private tour guide through the ships excursions and was able to see everything we wanted to see including the museums (guide got us fast passes through the entrances of every place we went). I would do it again in a heart beat!!

We did 2 days and took the first day there and flew to Moscow using a ship excursion - what an amazing trip. The second day we hired a private tour guide through the ships excursions and was able to see everything we wanted to see including the museums (guide got us fast passes through the entrances of every place we went). I would do it again in a heart beat!!
Moscow is impressive city, but imho St Petersburg has so much more to offer..

Moscow is impressive city, but imho St Petersburg has so much more to offer..

Having grown up during the cold war era - the thought of walking Red Square or going inside of the Kremlin is something I never thought I would see those sites.

Besides, St. Petersburg was beautified for tourist where Moscow was the real thing. Just my opinion.

Having grown up during the cold war era - the thought of walking Red Square or going inside of the Kremlin is something I never thought I would see those sites.

Besides, St. Petersburg was beautified for tourist where Moscow was the real thing. Just my opinion.

I understand.

I've been in Moscow many times as a child during 80ies.

Actually neither of these two cities is a real Russia. Moscow is to Russia as New York is to America. St Petersburg is city built completely by invited Europeans.

To see real Russia you need to visit cities and towns of Golden Ring

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Ring

which of course isn't an option during sea cruise.

I just did the Baltic cruise in May and we had two days St Petersburg. I wish we had 3 days. There is so much to see. You don’t have to go into a Berlin if you don’t want. We stayed in Rostock which is cute walkable town and had a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums