A Few Questions Regarding Beverage Packages

r.jackie33

Hi all.

I am doing a 12 night transatlantic sailing on Symphony of the Seas next month. I am a diamond member with RC, but I have never purchased any beverage packages on past sailings. For this particular cruise, I am interested in getting the Deluxe Beverage Package.

The thing is, I'm booked in a boardwalk balcony room, which comes with 2 soda packages. I am sailing with 2 other diamond members, who will be utilizing their free alcoholic drinks in the Diamond Club, and 1 gold member, who does not drink alcohol and will be using one of the soda packages. I'm the only person in the stateroom who is actually willing to purchase a beverage package. However, due to Royal Caribbean's new policy, I am unable to buy an individual deluxe beverage package through the cruise planner. When I called customer service, I was told that the only way to purchase 1 deluxe beverage package for only myself and no one else would be onboard the ship.

Does anyone know if this is actually true? Will I really be able to purchase a deluxe beverage package for only myself onboard, or will they tell me I have to get it for all 4 people in the stateroom? I've also seen something online about diamond members receiving 20% off all beverage packages. How true is that? And lastly, if I really can purchase just the one beverage package onboard, does it have to be on embarkation day or can I purchase it later into the sailing?

Thanks!

Hi all.

Does anyone know if this is actually true? Will I really be able to purchase a deluxe beverage package for only myself onboard, or will they tell me I have to get it for all 4 people in the stateroom? I've also seen something online about diamond members receiving 20% off all beverage packages. How true is that? And lastly, if I really can purchase just the one beverage package onboard, does it have to be on embarkation day or can I purchase it later into the sailing?

Thanks!

Mixed reports on being able to purchase the package for just yourself on the ship. There are more reports not allowing it than there are of allowing it.

Only D+ and up get a % off the package on board.

You can purchase the package as long as there are 4 days of the cruise remaining and you purchase it for all the remaining days.

If you call they will let you purchase the alcohol package for just yourself.

I did call. I was told that if I wanted to purchase a deluxe beverage package for myself, I had to purchase a refreshment package for everyone else. the whole point is that no one else in my stateroom is willing to purchase a beverage package of any kind, especially since we already have 2 soda packages included with the room

I did call. I was told that if I wanted to purchase a deluxe beverage package for myself, I had to purchase a refreshment package for everyone else. the whole point is that no one else in my stateroom is willing to purchase a beverage package of any kind, especially since we already have 2 soda packages included with the room

Just pay as you go.

Yet another vote for pay as you go. I am also diamond and decided to try the beverage package earlier this year. I didn't even come close to breaking even. Between the free drinks in the diamond lounge before dinner, the three free drinks on my SeaPass card each night, and the soda and water I got in the diamond lounge, I could easily have gotten by without spending a dime.

Considering your drinks are free from 5 - 8:30pm every night and that your 3 vouchers allow you to go to any bar or show and get free drinks during Diamond hours it seems overkill to buy the package and make two others pay for a refreshment package. Pay as you go would be my choice.

the diamond free drink menu is very limited, which is why I want the package. I won't be getting it unless I can actually just buy it for myself without having to make the other people in my stateroom also get a beverage package.

also, my only other cruise as a diamond member was on Empress of the Seas, which doesn't have a diamond club. when I was on it, I was told the daily 3 vouchers were replacements for the 3 free drinks I'd be getting at the diamond club. are you saying that I can get unlimited drinks at the diamond club PLUS 3 drinks anywhere else on the ship?

Yet another vote for pay as you go. I am also diamond and decided to try the beverage package earlier this year. I didn't even come close to breaking even. Between the free drinks in the diamond lounge before dinner, the three free drinks on my SeaPass card each night, and the soda and water I got in the diamond lounge, I could easily have gotten by without spending a dime.

can you get unlimited drinks at the diamond club? I was under the impression that you get 3 free drinks a day that can only be redeemed there

can you get unlimited drinks at the diamond club? I was under the impression that you get 3 free drinks a day that can only be redeemed there

Yes but only during the designated happy hour. The 3 drinks on your seapass card can be used at other bars but also only during the happy hour times and only for the same selection of drinks offered in the D lounge

There's no limit in the Diamond Lounge itself during the drink period, other than potentially it being too crowded to get one in reasonable amounts of time. The 3 "vouchers" loaded onto your SeaPass account each day are usable throughout the ship, usually except for the dining room or a few other places. They're available for use during the same period the Diamond Lounge provides the free drinks.

I believe you said two already have the soda package so could you talk the other person into buying the soda package so you could get the deluxe? Otherwise wait till you're onboard and see if you can purchase just for you.