LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

While I don't agree with everything you stated, I can tell you that most nights when we went up to the lounge around 5:30 there wasn't a single seat left by the windows in the SUITE Lounge because they were taken by pinnacles. Almost every single evening the best seat we found in the SUITE Lounge was the couch all the way on the end up against the wall.

We've met lovely pinnacles but this cruise was something else. We really feel that our experience was cheapened by the amount of pinnacles. They are a service and attention drain at least in the SUITE Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. It is unfortunate to pay good money for suites and end up having experiences like this. Many who have commented on this thread have shared your opinion as did others we cruised with and staff.

Good money[emoji848][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Space comparison - I seem to recall that Harmony SL/CK is two staterooms smaller than the Oasis SL/CK space.

Fitting 140 Pinnacles on Harmony left suite guests with no seats or available dinner reservations. Not the suite experience promised by RCI.

Our next experience on Oasis was much better, with 37 Ps, even if the CK food was edible but not outstanding.

Harmony has more room in SL/CK because the have much smaller CLS where Oasis/Allure have the owner and grand loft. This frees up space in CK/SL

I must admit that watching a couple of Pinnacles walking back into the CK kitchen area to say hello to the kitchen staff, upon their arrival, was a bit odd.

Yes, friendship is nice but walking into a kitchen while prep work for lunch is ongoing seems to be a future case for spread of infection through the food prep area. Obviously you don’t think you have a cold, till you sneeze and sniffle the following morning.

Then the kitchen staff, having been exposed, spreads the infection throughout the staff and guests.

Something I believe the cruise line should discourage.

The Pinacles think they own the ship and act arogantly anoying with sailing in the cheapest cabins, not spending anything onboard, and causing problems that don't exist to have an excuse to complain and get things for free. This counts for the majority of them, but not all as there are some nice ones around as well as we saw as well in this forum

Please, no offense was taken. I believe it is irrelevant whether pinnacles are nice, mean or arrogant. If you are not staying in a SUITE you should not be allowed in the SUITE Lounge or Coastal Kitchen.
On the smaller ships where there is CLs and the Suites are not massively expensive there is no problems with P,D+ and Suite Passengers sharing.

I have massive respect for the loyalty of Pinnacles but the rediculously high prices for Suites on Oasis class ship's the SL facilities should be for Suite customers only.

For P and D+ there should be a high class Loyalty lounge and for D the DL.

I already have my requested CK dinner time for 9/29 Presidents Cruise confirmed. I believe as a Suite Guest I was given priority.

I personally haven’t had a bad experience in SL and CK. Yes, the P’s seem to flock to the SL early to claim those window seats.

I also believe there will be a time when it will be necessary to provide SL/CK for Suite Guests only. I don’t think anything should be taken away from P’s. They should provide them with their own area with stricter rules for children and dress codes.

I am not sure what the capacity is for CK? How many guests they can provide a service level expected.

In the SL on Harmony last April we only had 7 P’s and I still found myself getting up and going to the bar to fetch our drinks. This was really a service issue and not a P issue.

I know many P who always book Star Class. Full Suites too. I suspect this is not the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with you as posted in my post #505.

This is simply your opinion at this point. Saying they should not be allowed has no bearing since it is Royal's policy at this time that they are allowed there. Complain to Royal about it - and it appears you have. But harping on it here just seems mean spirited. Talk about pot stirring.

It's a shame that a well balanced review has deteriorated into a Pinnacle attack thread. And nope, I'm not a Pinnacle and never will be. I've seen some silly P behavior and I've met some lovely P's in the SL's and before that, the CL's. As long as it's Royal's policy I accept it. I'd say 70% of the time it's been just fine. The 30% makes for some interesting people watching or we simply find another venue to enjoy. On the flip side, I've seen some appalling behavior from suite people too but I don't paint with a broad brush and believe all suite peeps are jerks ----probably because then I would have to think that we're jerks. ;)

Now if you really want to see some complaining and bragging...head to a Diamond Lounge. <evil laughter>

I personally prefer the DL to the CL and never experienced any over the top bragging in either.

I am of the opinion I am not better than you and you are not better than me and try to be nice to everyone regardless of who they are.

Others on here have mentioned your good character. I respect your opinion. My posts on here have been nothing more than my own personal opinion. I have said before, that perhaps the solution is for pinnacles to have their own lounge. It would be a win win and if you are staying in a suite and are pinnacle you would have the option of the diamond, pinnacle and suite lounge.
Again I think my post #505 is relevant.

I always post to the best of my knowledge and you seem to do the same too.

BTW I enjoyed your review.

The Pinacles think they own the ship and act arogantly anoying with sailing in the cheapest cabins, not spending anything onboard, and causing problems that don't exist to have an excuse to complain and get things for free. This counts for the majority of them, but not all as there are some nice ones around as well as we saw as well in this forum
There seems to be quite a bit of friction between Suite passengers and Pinnacles on reading some of these posts which is unfortunate.

Perhaps the suites should be given a special area in Windjammer, put the Diamond Lounge in Dazzles, and rename CK and SL to Pinnacle Kitchen and Pinnacle Lounge or allow only Pinnacles in the deck 17 rooms. After all, a couple spends a quarter of a million to get to Pinnacle so why waste the deck 17 to those that are not invested? There are two edges to a sword.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

There seems to be quite a bit of friction between Suite passengers and Pinnacles on reading some of these posts which is unfortunate.

Thank you. I’ve enjoyed your posts. I’ll be back on Harmony in December dispensing my opinion on here again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My take away after reading this thread is that as suite guests I will no longer avoid the suite lounge if we have our kids with us. (As long as they are on their best behavior)

I too hate the dirty looks we occasionally get when we walk in with kids. We always felt like we didn’t belong. This thread has definitely changed how I view the lounge. We may even stop in for a cocktail at night [emoji23]

Perhaps the suites should be given a special area in Windjammer, put the Diamond Lounge in Dazzles, and rename CK and SL to Pinnacle Kitchen and Pinnacle Lounge or allow only Pinnacles in the deck 17 rooms. After all, a couple spends a quarter of a million to get to Pinnacle so why waste the deck 17 to those that are not invested? There are two edges to a sword.

Got any extra buttons for next week?

How do you think your idea would go towards generating revenue for Royal?

Not many people can spend the $ for Deck 17 Cabins.

Yes, on this thread.

However, in the lounge almost everyone gets along great...at least from what we have observed over the years. We enjoy meeting people (Suite & Pinnacle) if they appear approachable. At times there are a few Pinnacles and a few suite quests that we tend to avoid because of their body language.

During the Sept. 15 cruise, on the helipad during the Suites/Pinnacle party, a (suite) dad said to me that his son (looked about 5) wanted to be a Pinnacle. I then took off my pin and put it on the boy's t-shirt and said "You are now one." Dad smiled, took pictures, and thanked me. That same scenario took place in CK on the last night of the cruise when two amazing young people came over to us to say "good-bye".....again the pin placement and smiles after they said that their goal was to become Pinnacle. Now, in reality, what these young people really meant was that they wanted to cruise a lot.

The saddest part of this thread is the arrogance in words and tone that appear at times. In the Lounge that seldom happens because guests are face to face and not hiding faceless and anonymously on line.

Got any extra buttons for next week?

How do you think your idea would go towards generating revenue for Royal?

Not many people can spend the $ for Deck 17 Cabins.

I'll be doing buttons and magnets for the Symphony TA but not pins due to the nonsense that occurred on the Mariner Global. Freebies. Also on Costa Fascinosa before and Serenade 9 Nov. If someone does pins and tries to collect, the revenue manager will get involved. Ask me how I know :)

Find me and I'll have freebie products.

As for revenue, I believe that if the benefits are exclusive then more will spend more to attain that level and get those benefits. How many rooms are "given" to gamblers and others vice those that actually pay for the rooms?

Lots of controversy.

I'll be doing buttons and magnets for the Symphony TA but not pins due to the nonsense that occurred on the Mariner Global. Freebies. Also on Costa Fascinosa before and Serenade 9 Nov. If someone does pins and tries to collect, the revenue manager will get involved. Ask me how I know :)

As for revenue, I believe that if the benefits are exclusive then more will spend more to attain that level and get those benefits. How many rooms are "given" to gamblers and others vice those that actually pay for the rooms?

Lots of controversy.

I read about the Mariner issues on Johns review. I thought it was a little bush league.

Wouldn’t mind a “Freebie “.

I also need to thank you for your service.

My take away after reading this thread is that as suite guests I will no longer avoid the suite lounge if we have our kids with us. (As long as they are on their best behavior)

I too hate the dirty looks we occasionally get when we walk in with kids. We always felt like we didn’t belong. This thread has definitely changed how I view the lounge. We may even stop in for a cocktail at night [emoji23]

Your kids are suite guests too. In fact, they are more SUITE guests than a pinnacle in a non-suite will ever be. Glad to be of assistance.

It is unfortunate that first day turned out how it did. We were so disgusted with some of the looks, the rude demands on staff, asking for a drink at the bar even though I was sitting there first, etc... We lost all interest in getting to know any of them on our cruise. An entire family on our cruise Grandpa, Grandma, their 3 daughters and their respective spouses and all their grandchildren resorted to eating in the MDR because of this behavior. I sound like a broken record. I hope to never have this experience again.

Edited by Andy C

Lots of controversy.

Thank you for the pins you and your wife gave both our boys. Much obliged.

Your kids are suite guests too. In fact, they are more SUITE guests than a pinnacle in a non-suite will ever be. Glad to be of assistance.

It is unfortunate that first day turned out how it did. We were so disgusted with some of the looks, the rude demands on staff, asking for a drink at the bar even though I was sitting there first, etc... We lost all interest in getting to know any of them on our cruise. An entire family on our cruise Grandpa, Grandma, their 3 daughters and their respective spouses and all their grandchildren resorted to eating in the MDR because of this behavior. I sound like a broken record. I hope to never have this experience again.

OK, how about KSF promotion going on now. No revenue generated there. [emoji6]

Pretty sure this the first time you mentioned your irritation was because you were there first. Did I miss that?

Pretty sure this the first time you mentioned your irritation was because you were there first. Did I miss that?

You didn’t. And I didn’t want to mention it earlier because it was the wife of an illustrious poster on this thread who is also a pinnacle. I am not sure if it was intentional or inadvertent which is why I had not highlighted it before. But maybe that is the way things work in Virginia.

OK, how about KSF promotion going on now. No revenue generated there. [emoji6]

C’mon now, John. You are one of the good guys. So her kids or mine aren’t welcome because of KSF? Clearly y’all need your own lounge because you are not paying for a suite and you need added space for your egos and Dazzles has two stories.

C’mon now, John. You are one of the good guys. So her kids or mine aren’t welcome because of KSF? Clearly y’all need your own lounge because you are not paying for a suite and you need added space for your egos and Dazzles has two stories.

Not what I meant. Just pointing out that some folks on the ship dont generate revenue. You seem to keep inferring that suite pax pay top dollar for entry. And many, you included, got a ridiculous low price.

The rules state PC are welcome, Royal appreciate their patronage. Your line is to extreme. I'm sorry you did not get the best window seat, or someone got served before you.

That's life in general. FWIW, I didn't step foot in CK today and got zero drinks in the SL. Hung out with dagunny in Falmouth.