Swingers and Pineapple Door signs

AZDivers

Just heard this is a thing. Sounds crazy!!

Apparently if you see a Pineapple sticker on a cabin door that means the people are swingers and interested in meeting others.

Is this true??

We are taking a cruise with a bunch of elderly people in our family and want to be aware of this type of stuff. So we can stick stickers on their doors and help them make some new friends.

just kidding..

Seriously though.....Pineapple stickers?

• Haha 1

First I’ve ever heard of it.

What if a compulsive door decorator cruising to Hawaii decides to put pineapples on their door

e84a3ca5650e4d58c079e74552e759dd.jpg

My pineapple light hasn’t brought any swingers to our door ... [emoji23][emoji531]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also if you are ever grocery shopping and see a pineapple sitting upside down in a grocery cart, that's supposed to be a sign of an actively looking couple.......heard that from a buddy at work a while back......just hope I don't accidently place my next pineapple purchase the wrong way in my cart ....hahahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

First I am hearing of the pineapple/swinger .

There actually are adult private full charter cruises where, according to this thread, pineapples must are plentiful.

I really want to know if the pineapple is a swingers symbol, but really don't want to have that Google search on my computer or phone! In the south, the Pineapple is a symbol of southern hospitality and is used often in decorating.

M

This reminds me of the time I was waiting in a queue for bingo. A couple behind me called out to the couple ahead of me in the queue and they discussed that they had previously met on a cruise. They agreed to meet for drinks at the schooner bar. I offered to let the couple behind me to move up to join their friends but they realised that they were in the wrong queue (not waiting for bingo) and instead left. When they had left the lady in front of me suddenly remembered the couple behind were swingers and told her partner that there was no way that they were going to meet the other couple for drinks.

It was very 'eye opening' for me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

First I am hearing of the pineapple/swinger .

There actually are adult private full charter cruises where, according to this thread, pineapples must are plentiful.

I really want to know if the pineapple is a swingers symbol, but really don't want to have that Google search on my computer or phone! In the south, the Pineapple is a symbol of southern hospitality and is used often in decorating.

M

Weeeeel, maybe the cruising swingers are from the South. I mean THAT'S hospitality with a capital H, isn't it?

All I keep thinking about is one of our senior (read elderly) Pinnacle/Pineapple cruisers opening his or her cabin door to a semi-nude person with a bottle of Scotch, saying, "Well, hellooooo there!". OMG.....bleach my brain now! :eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1