Just booked an aft cabin on Voyager and now reading about vibration, help!

kjbacon

New to Regent, our usual lines are Azamara and Viking Ocean. We are looking forward to trying Regent. I just booked cabin 773, just aft of the laundrette, and I’m now reading about vibration issues. Any specifics would be very much appreciated! We are doing a back to back and this was the only cabin available on both legs, short of a very upgraded suite. As much as I don’t want to, I think I’d prefer to change cabins between legs than deal with vibration.

The discussion about Voyager's aft vibration has been going on since the inception of the ship. That first year, 2003, we cruised in cabin 667 and it was very unpleasant , specially when ship was moving above a certain speed. There're people that dont care or dont notice. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them and I would never take a cabin that far aft. I'm sure you'll get dissenting opinions. I would definitively change cabins for the 2nd segment to avoid the possibility of being bothered by vibration.

I agree with cruiseluv - the aft suites really bother some people but not others. We tried a aft suite on Voyager once and parts of the suite felt like a vibrating bed (the old types that you would find in a motel if you put a quarter in:evilsmile:).

Regent has tried to fix the issue and the vibration is less than before (and only happens at certain speeds and/or when the ship is making hard turns).

In my opinion, it is best to avoid aft suites unless you are confident that some vibration and the noise that goes with it. The Voyager is a beautiful ship -- the aft vibration just a bit of a nuisance.

New to Regent, our usual lines are Azamara and Viking Ocean. We are looking forward to trying Regent. I just booked cabin 773, just aft of the laundrette, and I’m now reading about vibration issues. Any specifics would be very much appreciated! We are doing a back to back and this was the only cabin available on both legs, short of a very upgraded suite. As much as I don’t want to, I think I’d prefer to change cabins between legs than deal with vibration.

If you are bothered by vibration then it would make sense to try to obtain a suite further forward on Voyager.

How long until your cruise? If not past final payment date then there could be cancellations which might allow some flexibility.

Best to let your TA and Regent know your concerns and see what alternatives they come up with e.g. waitlisting for a suite further forward on the ship.

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise on Regent and, as a first timer, trust you took advantage of the saving available through the Regent Ambassador programme

We were in 1055 a PH C aft cabin on Voyager for 10 days last year, a little vibration at times mainly in the bathroom, but nothing to worry about. Navigator aft is far worse. You will enjoy the ship, between her and the Mariner is our favourite Regent ship. Not as glossy and shiny as the Explorer, but at least has a well planned theatre and an observation lounge forward.

This thread really highlights the differences in how people perceive and deal with the aft vibration. The Voyager was our favorite ship for years (but now the Explorer is). In my opinion, it is worth a bit of money to get more mid-ship on the Voyager and then there will be nothing to worry about (although you can feel the vibration in La Veranda where you are up there).

The is a lovely ship with the suites being larger on the Voyager than the Mariner (and the same as the Navigator but as has been said, Navigator's vibration is considerably more than the Voyager.

One thing we need to remember is that we are on a ship in the middle of the ocean and some vibration/movement is to be expected. If the seas are rough, you are definitely going to feel it. However, on the Voyager and Navigator you do not need rough seas to feel/hear the vibration but, as some people have noted, on some itineraries where the seas are as smooth as silk, you rarely feel the vibration.

The infamous vibration debate continues....

There are lots of threads. It's about a 33/33/34 among the "what vibration, go aft for the view" and "occasional vibration, meh it's a boat in the ocean" and "OMG the vibration, don't get an aft cabin" crowds.

It's also true that you don't seem to know which group you are in till you try it.

-Indi

Proud member of the "what vibration, go aft" crowd.

I was in PHC 976 for all of 2009 WC and in PHC 1055 for all of 2010 WC. Overall my husband and I loved the aft location for the unobstructed views, day and especially night star scapes. These voyages were each several months long so we experienced all manner of weather and sea conditions. Tasman Sea transit in Gale Force 10 conditions comes to mind, when we did experience very unpleasant vibration, even pitching, but I believe everyone on board had an unpleasant night during that. As lifelong sailors with substantial blue water cruising experience we were OK with it. Sea sickness was not an issue for us. During calm (the usual) cruising conditions we didn't notice adverse vibration, noise or smell. I am now booked on back to back cruises Miami to Rome in Spring 2019, in a PHC stern suite ...Hope this helps you to assess your situation.

We were on a Med 21 day B2B in June in 780. There was an occasional vibration in the bathroom. That was it.

You should be fine. Also, it was great to have the same cabin for both.

Perhaps it was caused by the Spaghetti & Meatballs from the delightful evening in Sette Mari? ((Sorry - I just couldn't resist)) ;p

We’ve had lots of aft cabins before and loved them so we’ll take our chances on the Voyager and see If this is the one that upsets the apple cart. Looking forward to our first Regent cruise in 3 weeks !

How far aft of the laundry room is this suite? We were on a Voyager Cruise in a Horizon Suite right on the stern and I wouldn't call it vibration. I would call it shaking! I walked through the back of the ship, and the laundry room location was the furthest back where the vibration (not shaking at that point) seemed to completely disappear under all conditions. But there was USUALLY no vibration a few suites toward the stern. So if your suite is not too far back. it may not be a major problem. Otherwise, it might be.