Random Notes, Explorer, Copenhagen-Oslo, June 24-July 6, 2018--LIVE!

Mr Rumor

Hi Rich,

I'm chiming in here rather late in the game (ALL sorts of "adventures" going on!) I was following you and Ginny on this remarkable cruise. Your stories, research, photos, ... one of your best yet. You brought back exquisite memories from our first cruise with Regent; Voyager --- Iceland to Copenhagen, 2013.

When my mom was in her final days after a brutal battle with cancer, she told me she wanted me to book a cruise. She wanted to know where we were going before she died. I chose this itinerary because she is half Danish, my dad half Norwegian. I really wanted to wait until she died before we booked a cruise, but this was her wish and it turned out to be ... fun, in a weird way (I mean ~ she was on the BRINK.) She wanted to hear every port, every detail. Poignant experience.

My mom knew what she was doing. When we embarked on our Scandinavian Adventure, I was still grappling with a deep grief. That cruise changed everything. Each stunningly beautiful day, I regained more and more of my joie de vivre. So healing.

Reading your blog was a huge joy as you brought back delicious memories of a transformational, rejuvenating voyage.

I cannot thank you enough!

Cheers,

Cindie (we met you, Ginny, and Shauna on the Mariner last June in Alaska)

What a beautiful tribute to your Mom, i'm sure she would be sailing with you from above.

Mr Rumor's posts are wonderful and glad you got inspiration from them, if only we were all as positive as that family then we could all learn some lessons.

Pam.

Hi Rich,

I'm chiming in here rather late in the game (ALL sorts of "adventures" going on!) I was following you and Ginny on this remarkable cruise. Your stories, research, photos, ... one of your best yet. You brought back exquisite memories from our first cruise with Regent; Voyager --- Iceland to Copenhagen, 2013.

When my mom was in her final days after a brutal battle with cancer, she told me she wanted me to book a cruise. She wanted to know where we were going before she died. I chose this itinerary because she is half Danish, my dad half Norwegian. I really wanted to wait until she died before we booked a cruise, but this was her wish and it turned out to be ... fun, in a weird way (I mean ~ she was on the BRINK.) She wanted to hear every port, every detail. Poignant experience.

My mom knew what she was doing. When we embarked on our Scandinavian Adventure, I was still grappling with a deep grief. That cruise changed everything. Each stunningly beautiful day, I regained more and more of my joie de vivre. So healing.

Reading your blog was a huge joy as you brought back delicious memories of a transformational, rejuvenating voyage.

I cannot thank you enough!

Cheers,

Cindie (we met you, Ginny, and Shauna on the Mariner last June in Alaska)

Cindie, I remember our meeting well—it was near, or on, the Yukon Suspension Bridge, a part of our Skagway Scenic Rail excursion!

I just saw your post and was in such a hurry to respond on my new iPad that I wound up posting nothing but air. On this “Edit,” I just want to thank YOU for sharing your and your mom’s beautiful story. I’m so glad the blog inspired you to relive those "delicious" memories (it was truly one fantastic feast of a cruise).

Ginny, Shauna and I are sending you a virtual hug—hope you can feel it!

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Mr Rumor