Community Contest - Cruise Celebration

Community Contests

Have fun with posting contests.  Win cool Cruise Critic prizes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:13 AM.
Janesville WI
16 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
I took my daughters on their first cruise in 2011. They were 14 & 16 and we were getting away from life (going through a divorce). Then in 2013 I took my new husband on his first cruise for our honeymoon! We are now going on one this fall for our 5 year anniversary and to gt away from like again--my youngest daughter was killed in an auto accident last year.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lincolnshire, England
47 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
We have wonderful times with family celebrations but prefer to do our own thing as well.

We cruised for our honeymoon, wonderful way to relax after the wedding and for a fairly big birthday we chose to cruise.

My mother has celebrated two major birthdays cruising and we took my mum away for one of her milestones, both said they had more fun on the cruise than being "on show" for a big family celebration. Also they both felt they could choose when they had had enough and not disappoint anyone.

My husband has surprised me with a cruise for our 10th anniversary. Hopefully this isn't our last celebratory cruise.

I think memories can be made wherever and whoever you are with but special memories are made when you are happy, relaxed and enjoying your life and company.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

There are just 10 kinds of people that understand binary code.

Those that do and those that don't.

= Thomson x2, Princess, NCL, Ocean Village, P&O x9, RCCL x2, Celebrity

P&O September 2018 (DM 70th)
P&O June 2019 (Anniversary)
United States
104 Posts
Joined May 2015
We spent my husbands 60th birthday on a cruise in the Mediterranean! Could Not have had a better day! Our 35th wedding anniversary was spent in Prague, an extension of a Danube River Cruise. And my 60th birthday cruise is already booked. We have lots of time with our family and don’t normally have big celebrations for ourselves, so cruising is our special treat!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:
Celebrity Reflection (Greece and Med) 8/2017
Radiance of the Seas (Alaska) 7/2015
10 Posts
Joined Jul 2018
Cruise, hands down. I get to relax. No stressful planning. No inviting people I don't like but feel obligated to. No cleaning up afterward. I see no downsides!
2 Posts
Joined Aug 2018
Celebrating our 20th this year - going on a belated celebration cruise (tied in to spring break) in the spring
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Miracle 2019
---life happened---
Carnival Fascination 1998
Massachusetts
759 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
We cruise both in the spring , around DH birthday & in the fall around my birthday.
Next year we'll be on Harmony when I'll be celebrating my 70th.
Barb
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Michigan
31 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
When our daughter was getting ready to graduate from high school in 2014, we gave her a few options for what we could do as a family to celebrate her graduation before she went off to college, which was going to be 500 miles away. To our surprise she chose an Alaska cruise instead of Disney World! We were thrilled because we'd been to Alaska three times before and we love it! Besides our family of four (our other daughter is 2 years younger), we invited my mother-in-law and sister-in-law, who live across the country and who we don't see very often. We spent four days on land before getting on the Crown Princess. This was hands down one of the best family vacations EVER! The weather was sunny every day (even in Ketchikan!). Even the crew on the ship said to one of us "We don't know what you people are doing right in your lives to get this weather, but we never have seven days of sunshine. Ever." We credited my mother-in-law with bringing it with her from Las Vegas, haha. I don't know if I was just really soaking in this last vacation with our firstborn before she went off to college, or realizing that my mother-in-law was approaching 80 and what a gift it was to be able to do this cruise with her, or what it was, but it really was one of the best (if not THE best) family vacations EVER.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Donna and Guy

EMERALD

PRINCESS CRUISES - RUBY

Future Cruises
Regal Princess - December 16, 2018

Past Cruises
Freedom of the Seas - August 2016
Caribbean Princess - April 2015
Crown Princess - Alaska - July 2014
Enchantment of the Seas - Bermuda - October 2011
Oasis of the Seas - April 2011
Liberty of the Seas - August 2009
Freedom of the Seas - August 2008
Rhapsody of the Seas - August 2006
Sun Princess - Alaska - July 2005
Splendour of the Seas - April 2004
Ocean Princess - Alaska - July 2002
Majesty of the Seas - Oct. 1995
Long Island,NY
4,243 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
We have cruised for anniversaries and one birthday .The birthday cruise ,5 years ago was interesting in that my son in law arranged for a birthday cake . The cake was served and waiters were there to sing .The only problem was that they had someone else's name on the cake .

Lenny
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lenny