Coming Soon Brazilian E-Visas

Keith1010

I also utilized the e-visa and had issues first getting the passport scanned properly. I had to go to my IT friend’s house since he had a scanner that scanned as a jpeg which is what they want. Then I got an email saying something wasn’t right so I called the number you can call and he said it was the scans of the photo that they were blurry and to just take it with your phone on a white background. We had gone to Walgreens and purchased the passport photos. I didn’t think the website was clear that you could take the photos yourself. That was a smart person that used the Walgreens white screen. Anyway we rescanned and then the photos were fine and got e-visas a day or so later. I think I would have had trouble with the cropping also but I had my friend to help. Just wanted to give another experience.

I also utilized the e-Visa. Had some issues with creating the images of my passport. Company sent a link that helped size the images. Took 3 working days after submission to get our Visa's

I also utilized the e-visa and had issues first getting the passport scanned properly. I had to go to my IT friend’s house since he had a scanner that scanned as a jpeg which is what they want. Then I got an email saying something wasn’t right so I called the number you can call and he said it was the scans of the photo that they were blurry and to just take it with your phone on a white background. We had gone to Walgreens and purchased the passport photos. I didn’t think the website was clear that you could take the photos yourself. That was a smart person that used the Walgreens white screen. Anyway we rescanned and then the photos were fine and got e-visas a day or so later. I think I would have had trouble with the cropping also but I had my friend to help. Just wanted to give another experience.

I would not worry about the cropping at all. When you upload your photo, their system makes you center it into their correctly-sized template. So basically, they do the cropping for you. :)

The most important thing is to get the photos right. For the passport, tape it down on a hard surface and take a photo of it with your cellphone. Be sure to do it in a room without the overhead light on, or glare will block out parts of it. Just have natural light. Make sure the photo is not blurry, and the numbers are all clear and in focus. If you are using your cellphone banking app to deposit checks, it's much the same thing.

For the photo of you, stand in front of a white background. A white wall will work fine, but our walls are not white which is why we went to Walgreens to use their screen. ;) The important thing is to avoid having shadows over your face or behind you, so don't use the flash or you will get shadows. And if you wear glasses, take them off or they will glare. Keep your eyes open and your face neutral (don't smile). Just get a shot down to below your shoulders. When you upload it to their site, again the system makes you center it over their template which will automatically crop it perfectly.

It's really no big deal, and quite easy to do. :)

Note:

The multi-entry e-visa for U$44 is good for 2 years. (total U$220 and 5 application processes for 10 years)

The "regular" and still-available multi-entry visa for U$160 is good for 10 years.

....so it depends on your plans which you apply for....

• 2 months later...

When we did our Visa for SA it was good for 10 years it will expire in 2021. Are they still honoring these? Or do we now need to get the new E-Visa? I see everyone from our roll call is getting the new E-Visa. I know this may be a dumb question I just want to be sure. I have been all over the .gov web site and can’t find the answer.

Thanks, for any information in advance.

When we did our Visa for SA it was good for 10 years it will expire in 2021. Are they still honoring these? Or do we now need to get the new E-Visa? I see everyone from our roll call is getting the new E-Visa. I know this may be a dumb question I just want to be sure. I have been all over the .gov web site and can’t find the answer.

Thanks, for any information in advance.

Your 10 year visa is still good and if someone is getting their first or a new visa (to replaced an expired one) you can chose whether to get a 2 year (e-visa) or a 10 year. This explanation (scroll down to the second section) is from the Brazilian consulate in Miami's website: http://miami.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/traveling_to_brazil.xml#VIVIS%20INFO

Just got my e-visa for Brazil online and very easy! It took my TA and I about 30 minutes, only because we seemed to have a problem scanning and downloading the passport page and photo. We finally took photos of my passport with both our cell phones and figured that my cell phone took the better picture with less pixels! (It was the # of pixels causing problems). Once we sent it in, in the next 2 days I received two emails from the embassy that my application had been received and it was being processed. About 6 business days after we submitted it, I received in my email my e-visa! Good for 2 years and about $44 total. Very easy!

Your 10 year visa is still good and if someone is getting their first or a new visa (to replaced an expired one) you can chose whether to get a 2 year (e-visa) or a 10 year. This explanation (scroll down to the second section) is from the Brazilian consulate in Miami's website: http://miami.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/traveling_to_brazil.xml#VIVIS%20INFO

Thanks for the information and the website.

I just received email saying I need to submit passport bio page which I just finished doing. I looked at the application and it was on there so not sure what the issues were.

It's probably a problem with the image. I would go ahead and reply to their email, and attach the pic of your passport bio page. My understanding is that they are accepting them that way, for those who've had trouble uploading them.

Just took a cell pic of bio page, the problem we had was with the photo. We ended up after having both rejected and went to a passport photo place using their background with better lighting took pictures with cell phone.That worked and was accepted for both of us.

Just took a cell pic of bio page, the problem we had was with the photo. We ended up after having both rejected and went to a passport photo place using their background with better lighting took pictures with cell phone.That worked and was accepted for both of us.

LOL that's exactly what we did! We went to a Walgreens that does passport photos. They won't give you electronic copies, so we simply used their background and took our own with my cell. They have their photo backgrounds set up so that you won't get shadows, and the lighting and background will be correct. Worked like a charm! :)

So I submitted our applications on 9/28. Resubmitted with passport bio page photos on 10/1. Noticed the status online went from pending to approved on 10/2. Just received the email today on 10/5 with the visa. So about 5 business days once submitted properly, not bad.

So I submitted our applications on 9/28. Resubmitted with passport bio page photos on 10/1. Noticed the status online went from pending to approved on 10/2. Just received the email today on 10/5 with the visa. So about 5 business days once submitted properly, not bad.

Glad to hear it! Congrats!