Cruise Line Airfare

liketraveling

I just booked a cruise to Hawaii the other day in September. The Cruise starts in Seattle and Ends in Vancouver

When I signed on to my Account, I have options to book Airfare through HAL.

I was surprised that the prices are comparable to what I can do on my own with the exception of Southwest. (If I booked Southwest, I would buy the transfer from Vancouver to Seatac).

If you use the HAL Airfare, do you still get miles?

On Delta if I pay with my Skymiles CC, I get one free bag. When you pay for the airfare through HAL does you still get the free bag.

I am also going to ask the question on the HAL Board

Thanks

I answered on your other thread. But I am struggling to understand why you would book through the cruise line if booking on your own gets you approximately the same fares, without the complications?

Just curious and want to see what hassles folks have had. We will probably book indepently because I like better control of my reservations.

Usually the cruise line airfare is allot higher than you can get on your own. I was really surprised that the fare was pretty comparable.

The only time I have booked air through the cruise line was if it had been an international port disembarkation.

Just curious and want to see what hassles folks have had. We will probably book indepently because I like better control of my reservations. Totally agree.

Usually the cruise line airfare is allot higher than you can get on your own. I was really surprised that the fare was pretty comparable. That is not the experience reported by others here. Cheaper prices are frequently mentioned. Recently the cheaper price chant has diminished some...instead of "always cheaper", it is "sometimes cheaper".

The only time I have booked air through the cruise line was if it had been an international port disembarkation. One way international flights are probably the best use of cruise air, according to most here.

I won't put a middleman in there that wasn't needed.