Viking Riverboat Cruise Shore Excursions

dr alaok

:cool::cool::cool:We will be taking our first riverboat excursion on the Rhine with Viking in June, 2018. I was wondering if it is necessary to sign up for their shore excursions now or would it be advisable to wait until we are on the cruise?

Anyone that can advise on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Anyone that can advise on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Greetings!

If you’re certain about any optional excursions that you’d like to take, you should always book them in advance. Some excursions are limited in number, and they do sell out prior to the cruise. Perfect example would be the “Top of Cologne” excursion through the roof of the Dom. This sells out well in advance as it is limited to 16 people, due to the size of the construction elevator. (HIGHLY recommend this one, BTW)

Can you tell me which tour that you’re interested in? Some of them are safe to wait for (Colmar city tour had plenty of openings at the start of the cruise, but sold out a day or two before, once the coach was full), but I would absolutely book in advance, if possible.

You’re going to have a fantastic cruise!

Jeff

We will end our tour with an extension and are being offered the Pearls of Switzerland tour for $299. This looks like something we would like to do. But are there other tours through private tour guides that could do the same thing for maybe less cost?

Thanks.

We will end our tour with an extension and are being offered the Pearls of Switzerland tour for $299. This looks like something we would like to do. But are there other tours through private tour guides that could do the same thing for maybe less cost?

Thanks.

Is that $299 for the tour or $299 per person which it may very well be.

If it's $299 per person you should Google private tour guide Lucerne and you will find a number of options which will most likely cost less.

Yes. Highly recommend doing this rather than using Google. Have found top rated guides there and you can read many reviews.

With all due respect I suggest you Google Private Tour Guide Lucerne as well as look at Tripadvisor>Lucerne>Things to Do>Tours>Private Tours. I like Tripadvisor and use it all the time but in this instance I think you will see there are more choices revealed on Google.

We did book an optional Vienna concert tour for our upcoming July voyage. It looks like this might be the only one we will take in addition to the ones offered in each port as part of the base fare.