Promo not in Cruise Personalizer

helpmesailaway

I booked a cruise through a large travel agency during the 3 for Free promo. The included gratuities are not listed in my cruise personalizer. I called the big agency who contacted Princess and Princess sent me an email directly to me (from - reservations@princess.com - saying the gratuities are complimentary courtesy of the big agency. The big agency said Princess can't put this in my cruise personalizer hence the email.

I am confused!!! The gratuities were a Princess promo and I believe should be shown in the cruise personalizer. And - who is going to look at this email when we board the ship??

Has anyone had this problem?? I don't want to spend my precious cruise time at the service desk trying to sort out a problem!

When you go to the 'Payments and Credits' tab in your Cruise Personalizer, does it show the gratuities paid or still due?

If not, have your TA send you a copy of the Booking Confirmation showing the complimentary gratuities.

Even if you booked while the 3-for-free sale was on your TA could have booked you a "naked" fare and then added the amenities themselves using their incentive points--they get more commission that way. So the confirmation may or may not say "3-for-free" on it.

If done that way there should be a voucher in your cabin from the TA for the cost of the gratuities. Even if not just take what evidence you have to the Purser's desk and it should all be straightened out. But likely this will not be necessary and you are fretting over nothing.

3 for Free is a PRINCESS promo, not a TA promo. Your gratuities are paid courtesy of PRINCESS. Here is where you can see it on the Princess website..

Go to your Cruise Personalizer > Sign In > Booked Passengers> Choose Applicable Cruise> Payments & Credits> Optional Gratuity Pre Payment>Select.

You should then see the amount in $ that has been credited and it should say PAID

Thank you all for your prompt replies.

The gratuities are not shown as "paid" in the personalizer. The email (from Princess ) states that the gratuities are from the agency. There is also additional OBC from agency that I know is not included in personalizer but will be a "gift" in cabin upon boarding.

I suppose that if we are getting the promised "complimentary gratuities" and we have the email I should just leave it alone. I just don't want an "opps" when we get onboard because it's no fun to start a cruise with a problem. My confirmation from the agency also has "complimentary gratuities" listed so I should be covered.

I will be carrying all the documentation with me!!!!

Just seems like a shady practice on your TAs part to me. If they booked you on a naked fare as suggested, they should have been totally up-front and told you what they were doing instead of letting you think you were booking "Three for Free".

I am a bit stumped that you came back and said it is not there. Something seems off or at least different than I am used to working when with a TA. I do not know what "naked fare" is. Maybe that has something to do with it. All I can think of is that although you booked at the time of a 3 For Free promotion perhaps the TA made up their own promotion that mirrored the Princess promotion.

Yes, definitely have a copy of anything from the TA regarding any of your perks.

I am a bit stumped that you came back and said it is not there. Something seems off or at least different than I am used to working when with a TA. I do not know what "naked fare" is. Maybe that has something to do with it. All I can think of is that although you booked at the time of a 3 For Free promotion perhaps the TA made up their own promotion that mirrored the Princess promotion.

Yes, definitely have a copy of anything from the TA regarding any of your perks.

You could be right about this. The agency did have a great promotion - which included the Princess 3 for Free additions. Perhaps they just booked the gratuities as part of their package. Since I have documentation in two places - my reservation printout and the email from Princess which I received today - I'm not going to worry about it.

I do appreciate all your replies - everyone was thoughtful and helpful and I say thank you.