SEASIDE – Yacht Club 3/3-3/17/18 B2B – Points and Q&A

Formula280SS

OK, moving on.

POINTS - OTHER (Embarkation, Yacht Club Welcome Room and 1st Look at Yacht Club)

As stated in an earlier thread during the cruise, embarkation could have used a few tweaks. First off, the Yacht Club tent is not prepared early enough or even on time.

Pretty unimpressive until this really good guy showed up and explained the whole process.

The others came later, paperwork not ready, tent signage not ready.

They were very, very young and disorganized to 'open.

IMG_5528_zpsa5pkkvd0.jpg

First Look - Yacht Club Boarding Lounge

IMG_5531_zpsj9ctprwj.jpg

This is Reception AFTER they Set It Up AFTER we arrived.

IMG_5537_zpswduzzdnj.jpg

The outside tent and check in area is “supposed to be” ready at 10:30 am. Our tent was ready about 10:40. Hard to complain. The set up was not quite ready in lounge check in area, took about ten more minutes.

Seriously none of this is an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The outside tent and check in area is “supposed to be” ready at 10:30 am. Our tent was ready about 10:40. Hard to complain. The set up was not quite ready in lounge check in area, took about ten more minutes.

Seriously none of this is an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As with the sewer issue, it is or is not an issue is a matter of relative perspective and experience.

IMO, in the hospitality and travel industry, the Yacht Club (your premier guests) "reception and welcome tent and inside reception room" should be ready hours before anyone else (including other passengers being processed in general boarding) arrives.

It is simply a sound business practice; not rocket science.

The same for the reception center; the actual readiness of the room and refreshments and snacks, as well as the staff levels processing the guests, should be 'more than ready BEFORE the guests arrive.

If 10 minutes LATE "isn't a big deal" (and it was more than 10 minutes) then 10 minutes EARLY shouldn't be a big deal to accommodate; on the outside and certainly on the inside. Also, 10:30 is NOT THE APPROPRIATE TIME for advance readiness for your premier customer passenger arrival.

Really, 3 young port butlers @ what $15/hour; $45 for readiness at 9:30?

Also, it was not asserted that it "was a big deal." So, to confront the assertion with the alt-controversy fails on the merits of inapplicable bases on the original incorrectly deduced merit.

It was mentioned in the section as POINTS - Other.

(Looks like a carryover of discontent from unrelated threads, sorry). Trying to put the 'other issues out there (they are not presented as bad, of note), not looking for a BAF of prejudice based retributory snipes.

Again, just an 'other issue, presented without materiality, as an FYI. The interpretation as a complaint and related assessment is incorrect on such as is the reply.

I second that

Sorry.

Earlier in the 1st segment of the thread I posted the following. Apparently, Photobucket made a change to 'entice free users to join and pay.

However, tech people found easy WORKAROUNDS to ADD TO YOUR BROWSER. Below there was a link for those using CHROME and FIREFOX.

If you are USING ANOTHER BROWSER, simply SEARCH for PHOTOBUCKET WORKAROUND FOR _____________ (fill in your internet browser).

Please let me know if this doesn't work.

NOTE - Having "issues" with Photobucket hosting the photos, some simply disappearing. Looks like they want me to become a paid member to correct the problem, even though there is a work around for different browsers:

Chrome Users.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d.../related?hl=en

Firefox Users

https://github.com/Ryan-Myers/photob...=1521637913877

I second that

Sorry also.

Sorry.

Earlier in the 1st segment of the thread I posted the following. Apparently, Photobucket made a change to 'entice free users to join and pay.

However, tech people found easy WORKAROUNDS to ADD TO YOUR BROWSER. Below there was a link for those using CHROME and FIREFOX.

If you are USING ANOTHER BROWSER, simply SEARCH for PHOTOBUCKET WORKAROUND FOR _____________ (fill in your internet browser).

Please let me know if this doesn't work.

NOTE - Having "issues" with Photobucket hosting the photos, some simply disappearing. Looks like they want me to become a paid member to correct the problem, even though there is a work around for different browsers:

Chrome Users.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d.../related?hl=en

Firefox Users

https://github.com/Ryan-Myers/photob...=1521637913877

me, three.

Yep, see previous replies.

Again, if it doesn't work for your browser let me know what you are using.

I didn't know about this as the last time I posted cruise pictures Photobucket was totally FREE and hadn't removed the hosting.

I used our corporate IT; they quickly stated just ADD THE ADD-ON to YOUR PARTICULAR BROWSER.

Loved your review and your comments to others!

I'm always amazed by the empirical declarations of posters who decide what is and is not important.

It's such a bother when facts get in the way of opinions!

Thank you.

Yep, it's a social media influenced behavior that has evolved and transformed all other forums of communications (stock and business forums and blogs, as well as this forum). It's today's society.

Again, we started with the overview that the FORMAT of how we would make the presentation started with the POINTS - Great and Good; then moved to POINTS - Other (and the presentation contained a reasonable discussion of the first item, reception pre-embarkation, actually experienced). It was not presented as a "complaint."

There are more that we're setting up for today still under POINTS - Other; by default, what is just a bit below POINTS - Great and Good.

WAIT when we get to the HOT BUTTON ISSUES. :o

It appears to be a good idea for us to quote the introduction of the FORMAT and the general information of how HAPPY WE WERE WITH OUR RATED BEST CRUISE.

Based on your cruising history in you signature, your input is appreciated. We LEARNED, and continue TO LEARN, from cruisecrtic members (pre-cruise selection, pre-cruise and even meeting them now on the cruise) so much about the industry, cruise lines and individual ships, itineraries, excursions, etc.

Again, thank you.

Yep, see previous replies.

Again, if it doesn't work for your browser let me know what you are using.

I didn't know about this as the last time I posted cruise pictures Photobucket was totally FREE and hadn't removed the hosting.

I used our corporate IT; they quickly stated just ADD THE ADD-ON to YOUR PARTICULAR BROWSER.

I found that if you click on the name tag "Formula280SS" you are brought to the pictures and they can be viewed as thumbnails. Just a suggestion to those having issues viewing.

Loved your review and your comments to others!

I'm always amazed by the empirical declarations of posters who decide what is and is not important.

It's such a bother when facts get in the way of opinions!

Thank you.

Yep, it's a social media influenced behavior that has evolved and transformed all other forums of communications (stock and business forums and blogs, as well as this forum). It's today's society.

Again, we started with the overview that the FORMAT of how we would make the presentation started with the POINTS - Great and Good; then moved to POINTS - Other (and the presentation contained a reasonable discussion of the first item, reception pre-embarkation, actually experienced). It was not presented as a "complaint."

There are more that we're setting up for today still under POINTS - Other; by default, what is just a bit below POINTS - Great and Good.

WAIT when we get to the HOT BUTTON ISSUES. :o

It appears to be a good idea for us to quote the introduction of the FORMAT and the general information of how HAPPY WE WERE WITH OUR RATED BEST CRUISE.

Based on your cruising history in you signature, your input is appreciated. We LEARNED, and continue TO LEARN, from cruisecrtic members (pre-cruise selection, pre-cruise and even meeting them now on the cruise) so much about the industry, cruise lines and individual ships, itineraries, excursions, etc.

Again, thank you.

Agree and Agree. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, insights and expiriences.

Sorry, you are right! It was Olin I always wanted to call him Onil! Always smiling!

She ended up doing 15 books. It was 16, but one was a textbook for a class she is teaching this semester, so I won't count it!

Hi John we were also B2B same weeks had the pleasure of propping yacht club bar with you a few times (Andy) ( 4 of us from the UK) , i also think this review spot on . Onil & Sergii were the 2 great guys on the deck , defiantly Onil not Olin .

Hi, Andy: Thanks for clarifying! I thought it was right about Onil! Hope you had a good second week. We went back to the snow your mate from Minnesota must have dropped on Ohio when he flew down to Miami. Glad to see Man City is doing well still. Hope our "Scottish" friend is doing well. All the best!

Hi John we were also B2B same weeks had the pleasure of propping yacht club bar with you a few times (Andy) ( 4 of us from the UK) , i also think this review spot on . Onil & Sergii were the 2 great guys on the deck , defiantly Onil not Olin .

I found that if you click on the name tag "Formula280SS" you are brought to the pictures and they can be viewed as thumbnails. Just a suggestion to those having issues viewing.

Thanks.

I didn't know that. Then again, didn't know Photobucket made the CHANGE of free hosting in mid 2017. Here's some of the blow back.

Of course, IT folks did create a workaround (posted above several times).

http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/2017/07/photobucket-drops-free-image-display.html

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/06/photobucket-complaints-over-charging/

Again, thanks.

Funny, Olin or Onil; either way, great face of the pool deck for Seaside. Sadly, he told us he would be joining his brother on NCL for his next contract (my wife believes he stated he'd be a Haven attendant, not a pool attendant). He said he has 'so many steps on the ladder from pool attendant to assistant butler, and they weren't flexible, that going to NCL was a faster path. He's going to be great.

Just like Roy, who worked (his butt of) in the lounge and the pool deck, butler-waiter, bartender, whatever it took he 'did it.

A story about Onil, I would use the forward hot tubs (not really hot until I went to concierge in YC and told them how cold they were on sea days; got better) after an early morning workout in the fitness center (first time used, the first ship we've been on when there really wasn't a good walking track layout once the buffet opened), he tapped the shower at the foot of the steps to the hot tub and told me to wait a couple of minutes and it would be steaming hot. I did, it was, and I used it to warm up. Then, I took the extra towels he always brought and super-heated them and wrapped around back of neck and head laying back in the hot tub again. NICE.

Then, before you knew it, Roy is standing there with my first drink of the day - Heinekin Light, squeezed lime, frozen glass, add ice cubes and sea salt.

Really the best service (them and on balance, the entire YC crew) that we've ever had on our cruise.

Funny re: grandchildren. My wife is contemplating taking our older two (boy 4 and girl 6, now) on one of the weeks on our B2B in 2019. Although we didn't experience the same family experience as those outside of the Yacht Club, we say enough and talked to enough passengers to believe that it could work. And they are well traveled, well behaved and so D cute as hell.

We are also looking at Seaview out of Brazil down the road. We have no knowledge of what to expect, but will follow CC as she makes her way into the itineraries.

Also looking at Meraviglia out of New York itineraries.

Yacht Club for sure.

Thanks for your post! Our grandsons are well-traveled and well-behaved, too in addition to being polite; can carry on a conversation with any adult so I think they’d do fine.