Spectrum of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Might as well start with this article from May 2015

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. ordered a fourth Quantum-class ship from Meyer Werft, Papenburg for delivery in 2019

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/royal-caribbean-orders-a-fourth-quantum-class-ship.html

And may as well do a Throwback Thursday (I know that it's Sunday today, but I don't feel like waiting four days until Thursday to start this thread :rolleyes:)...

From https://web.archive.org/web/20130227195629/http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/tag/project-sunshine/

(Thanks to Michael P. for retrieving these old blog posts and for creating the screen prints below, even if they may be hard to read.)

e1bb21fc40077f78d4bcbf61775ae35c.jpg

e62b95c7aeb064087a18891593027f61.jpg

Heard from a few crew members when I was just on the Anthem that the Anthem will be replaced by the newest Quantum ship in 2019. It's likely they'll re-do the restaurant lay-out so there isn't the four different comp.restaurants(Silk, Icon, Grande, Chic).

• 4 weeks later...

Is this for real?!! More ship names leaked?

Thanks to Steen Sollows for bringing this article to our attention.

Passion of the Seas und Pulse of the Seas (Quantum 4 & 5) sollen LNG-Antrieb bekommen

https://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/royal-caribbean/passion-of-the-seas-und-pulse-of-the-seas-quantum-4-5-sollen-lng-antrieb-bekommen/121843/

From this March 7 2017 article:

The Passion of the Seas will be the fourth cruise ship of the Quantum class of Royal Caribbean. The ship with the construction number S.700 will be delivered to the shipping company in spring 2019.

The Passion otS, like its sisters Quantum of the Seas , Ovation of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas as well as the Pulse of the Seas, will have a length of 347.10 meters and 41.40 meters in width. Measuring the ship on the paper is 168,666 GT.

The two other Quantum-Class cruise ships , which will be delivered to Royal Caribbean by the Papenburg Meyer shipyard in 2019 and 2020, will be an extended Quantum class. They are also called Quantum-Plus-Class, since they will get different changes.

A change is to be the LNG-drive - this is not confirmed, but there is a lot to be said. The first cruise ship that will receive the LNG engine will be the AIDA Helios 1, the first new building of the AIDA Helios class currently being built at the Meyer shipyard and going into service at the end of 2018. The Passion of the Seas comes only a short time later in the spring of 2019. In addition to the LNG drive, Royal Caribbean has already confirmed the first fuel cells. On the Passion otS and the Pulse of the Seas you want to test them already, as well this year already on an Oasis class ship.

(Thanks go out to Derek Picone for translating with Google Translate)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Lloyd,

Both names were amongst those which RCI trademarked back in 2012. The six names were Anthem, Ovation, Passion, Pulse, Quantum and Vantage.

steamboats

Yes, I have seen them on the trademark sites.

Like them both.

But what's with this site actually naming the two Quantum-class ships?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

So that German site is calling Quantum 4 Passion of the Seas (and calling Quantum 5 Pulse of the Seas) again in another article.

https://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/kreuzfahrtschiffe/passion-of-the-seas/

For example ... "Das vierte Kreuzfahrtschiff der Quantum-Klasse von Royal Caribbean wird Passion of the Seas heissen. Das Schiff mit der Baunummer S.700 wird im Frühjahr 2019 an die Reederei abgeliefert. Die Passion of the Seas wird mit der Pulse of the Seas eine eigene Klasse bilden, die „Quantum Plus Klasse“. "

I went to their FB page and found the same article and asked about the names. Won't reveal the source. (Also turns out one of the site's personnel is in the FB group that I am co-administering).

Oh well. Will have to wait and see. :cool:

^ yes, that was announced some time ago but we have yet to see what the "Plus" means.

I am guessing the Plus means more cabins and passengers but less public space. But I hope I am wrong!