Recent Seabourn Air experience?

MsSommelier

We will be sailing with Sojourn Singapore to Capetown next year. Since we want to fly business class and preferably non stop, I've started poking around for flights. So far, I have found the (gulp) bargain price of 20,000€ for MUC-SIN-CPT-MUC.

We've never used Seabourn air before - does anyone have recent experience?

We will be sailing with Sojourn Singapore to Capetown next year. Since we want to fly business class and preferably non stop, I've started poking around for flights. So far, I have found the (gulp) bargain price of 20,000€ for MUC-SIN-CPT-MUC.

We've never used Seabourn air before - does anyone have recent experience?

We've flown Qatar Airways from Melbourne to Europe return (and home from Boston as well) for the last 6 years.

Quick connection in their Doha hub (with the world's best business lounge)

We flew London to Melbourne one year in 20 hours 20 minutes including a 50 minute connection in Doha.

Fleet of near new aircraft (A380, A350, 777 & 787) great service and food (and quality Champagne)

Last year MEL to Barcelona return cost us just over (Aus)$5500 each (approx€4,000) in Business.

Qatar fly to Singapore and Cape Town.

We generally find we get the best prices in January.

MsSommelier, did you mean Cape Town to Singapore ?

If so, that cruise doesn't leave untill March 5, so I bit early to try and find any decent air prices.

I would wait until later in the year.

Also you might find it less expensive if you look at one stop.

We always get a quote from Seaboun air but find the price is either very expensive or very cheap . One year Quebec to London via Montreal £200 ( $280 ) each . the next year to Brasil 50% more than I could get it. Remember to price transport to the ship in to your calculations but it is worth checking the price, we have found you must wait to 11 months before travelling as Seabourn have not negotiated there deal with the airlines before this.

SKP946, Thank you, I will definitely check out Qatar. We are going on Sojourn SIN to CPT on January 16, 2019. Our TA (who has a TUI affiliation) said she couldn't book anything cheaper than we could find ourselves, so that is why I am trying to check out flights now and compare to Seabourn air possibly.

dalliowner, thank you, yes, that is consistent with what our TA told us - that we had to wait until April (even though that's somewhat longer than 11 months from end of our cruise.)

Will be on Odyssey next January in the Caribbean. Seabourn's business class fare was over £7,000 for two people from London to St Maarten on American via New York. Air France via Paris for two - £4,086. And a shorter flight. Pays to shop around.

Balloon man

We were due to fly to St Maarten this April and the Seabourn quote was about the same as I could get myself when you took into account of transfers. But I had to ask them to get a quote from air france via Paris as it was not their fist choice . I did book with them and was very glad as after the hurricane the start port was changed to Barbados and Seabourn did the changes with nothing for me to handle.It all went very smooth.:)

But once again they can not get a good quote til 11 mnth before departure

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, do shop around. Happily we found the Seabourn option for our return from South America in December to be a fraction of what we could find on our own using all sorts of search engines. So sometimes Seabourn works.

• 2 weeks later...

I can only say in the Uk , it forms part of your total bill which in the uk means 10 pc deposit and the balamnce some weeks before departure. As to seats , you get a booking code and can go onto the airline and book seats in the normal way.

hope that helps

Those who have used Seabourn air: Do you pay at booking or final cruise payment? How do you get seat assignments?

Thanks for sharing.

You pay with final payment. Sometimes Seabourn can get you seat assignments but if not be sure and get the record locator number of the airline you will be flying (not Seabourn's number) and contact the airline directly to get seat assignments.

Thanks for the clarification. I wonder what per centage of flights change price between time of reserving them and paying for them at cruise final payment? I've never had it happen on other cruise lines but the airlines have changed so much I wonder if it happens alot now.