Deck 8 Evening Buffet Open.

ISLANDCRUSO

I have no idea, I was just passing on the info from Vincent Gerrard who got off the ship yesterday and mentioned that they had moved to Deck 8 from 16 and that 16 is now closed in the evenings.

Clearly MSC are listening to customers.

Mixed emotions on this..... If it means more selctions...might be a good thing. However it does make this area busier and likely noisier with more activity in the buffet sections by staff, etc. Not sure if I was assigned dinner in Marketplace I would be happy with additional constant foot traffic, more noise, etc even if its on the other side away from the dining area

Edited by lcpagejr

I have no idea, I was just passing on the info from Vincent Gerrard who got off the ship yesterday and mentioned that they had moved to Deck 8 from 16 and that 16 is now closed in the evenings.

Clearly MSC are listening to customers.

I would only consider this as listening to the customer if the dinner buffet has more options and variety on deck 8 as compared with 16. Just changing venues doesn't make for much of an improvement.

I really hope this isn't the case for when we sail on April 14th. It's already strange enough to be assigned to a buffet designated area for MDR, which I can handle as long as it's presentable, but also sharing an area with an active buffet makes it even less desirable. I guess we will find out. :)

Having Bella in the same area as a working buffet is what MSC does on other ships on an as needed basis. The difference is that Seaside restaurants do not accommodate all passengers so the overflow is needed each night.

We need pictures of the full buffet offering on Deck 8 now. Who knows, maybe I'll get a salad bar after all :).

I really hope this isn't the case for when we sail on April 14th. It's already strange enough to be assigned to a buffet designated area for MDR, which I can handle as long as it's presentable, but also sharing an area with an active buffet makes it even less desirable. I guess we will find out. :)

I wouldn't like that either!

What I read was that they are using Deck 8 for the buffet now at dinner and there is no overflow dinner in there. From what I understand they only need to use the Marketplace for dinner service when the ship is at or near capacity and that has not been the case the last couple of weeks.

What I read was that they are using Deck 8 for the buffet now at dinner and there is no overflow dinner in there. From what I understand they only need to use the Marketplace for dinner service when the ship is at or near capacity and that has not been the case the last couple of weeks.

Assuming each restaurant only has two seatings (I have not seen the third 9:45 p.m. dinner seating listed on recent dailies).

Ipanema Restauant seats 806 x 2 = 1612

Seashore Restaurant seats 922 x 2 = 1844

Grant total seating capacity in both restaurants = 3,456

Seaside double capacity is between 4,140-4,477 (I've seen both figures used). That is a lot of empty cabins for prime February and March sailings. Possible, yes. Probably, I hope not.

I would think during spring break cruises they will have to go back to the old way... but who know and quite fankly I could care less.

There are plenty of those that actually do care.

Thank goodness that others who don't care about the subject of a thread don't feel the need to share their feelings on the topic - just imagine the number of times we'd be reading "I could care less!" to everything! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

There are plenty of those that actually do care.

Thank goodness that others who don't care about the subject of a thread don't feel the need to share their feelings on the topic - just imagine the number of times we'd be reading "I could care less!" to everything! :rolleyes:

We just got off the ship yesterday and the Marketplace buffet was divided into two sections for dinner. Buffet in one side and table service with table cloths on the other. We are in the buffet one evening and enjoyed some great Indian food. We were not overly impressed with the MDR nor our waiter. We had the dining trio the other nights and thoroughly enjoyed the food albeit service was a little slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am currently on the seaside and as scottygirl said the buffet for dinner is on deck 8 for half of the buffet. The other half is for the overflow dining. I felt bad for the overflow diners last night because kids in the buffet were quite loud! The buffet is much better than described before and had a lot of the main dining room options on it, for example the fish and beef dishes from the main dining room menu last night were on the buffet. Hope this helps.

It may well be that MSC have listened to feed back regarding the Marketplace, it may also be that the ship is not full and so deck 16 is not needed.

Time will tell and as the spring break holidays come around we will see if this reverts back.

I am currently on the seaside and as scottygirl said the buffet for dinner is on deck 8 for half of the buffet. The other half is for the overflow dining. I felt bad for the overflow diners last night because kids in the buffet were quite loud! The buffet is much better than described before and had a lot of the main dining room options on it, for example the fish and beef dishes from the main dining room menu last night were on the buffet. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the update.

It may well be that MSC have listened to feed back regarding the Marketplace, it may also be that the ship is not full and so deck 16 is not needed.

Time will tell and as the spring break holidays come around we will see if this reverts back.

The ship is as full as she can be!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is a great idea. The buffet on deck 8 has a much better seating area outside. Would be nice to watch the sunset during a casual dinner.

That would be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So MSC is apparently making changes to try to address the concerns that have been raised over the past couple months.

Yet there are already numerous complaints by those who haven’t even seen the changes nor been able to get a detailed review.

So for those who might know better than MSC what would be the ideal solution?

Put the ship in dry dock and build another MDR? Make those who book Bella cabins buffet only?

MOM2 ... It would mean having two lots of buffet food and the cleaning afterwards, easier for them to clean 16 and then it is ready for Breakfast the following morning.

Plus it may be that they will change things back if the ship is at full capacity again like school holidays as it was at Xmas.