Family Thrill Seekers And Adventure Falls excursion in Jamaica? Opinions?

We will be stopping in Falmouth on our cruise the week of April 1. We are trying to decide between the Family Thrill Seekers And Adventure Falls excursion or staying on the ship (Oasis) and enjoying the hopefully less crowded pool and Flowrider. Anyone been on this excursion and have any opinions on which would be the better choice? This is our first cruise. Thank you! (I posted this in the ports of call forum as well, but I find I get very few replies on that forum so I posted here, too.) We have two kids ages 13 and 11.

Jamaica is a beautiful country with a lively culture, great music, good food, etc. if your family has never been there, go for the excursion. Dunn’s River Falls is an adventure, especially if you have never climbed a waterfall. At the Falls, you can hire a private guide to lead you up the middle of the falls. Most people do a daisy chain climb up the side. We prefer the more challenging climb. Either way, hope you enjoy your day in Jamaica.

Adventure Falls is not the same thing as Dunns River Falls. I think a couple who have replied have confused the two.

To the OP: I believe this is the excursion we did last Fall. Does it include river tubing, ziplining, lunch and Adventure Falls? If so, do be aware that it is a lot to get in in the time allotted. The river tubing and zipline was great. However, due to not enough time we only got to briefly look at Adventure Falls (not climb it or get near it at all) and we had about 10 minutes to inhale lunch before we had to be back on our return transportation. Food was very good but it would have been nice to actually have time to enjoy it.

Thank you for all the replies. Yes, cruzeluver, you are correct—it includes the river tubing and zip lining and the pool with the waterfalls and slide. This excursion is at Hope Plantation (I believe that’s what it’s called!) Thank you for sharing your experience—I was wondering about the time frame allotted as well. My kids are most interested in the waterfall and slide into the pool! So we’d be disappointed if we missed out on time in that area.

Yes, if it would disappoint your kids to miss it then I would not book it. We got to see the falls with the slide and pool which actually made it worse because we could see what we were missing. You float right past it during the river tubing. As I say, the tubing and zipline portions were great, but they really need to add another 1.5-2 hours to be able to fully participate in everything included.

Thank you, cruzeluver. I’m seeing that there’s another excursion, same place, but it’s only river tubing and the adventure falls. It’s a 3 hour excursion. Do you think the kids would have time at adventure falls if we did this one?

That should be doable and probably a better choice for you. The falls looked like fun and the river tubing is excellent. The river has some mild rapids but nothing too scary for kids. The guides were great and made sure everyone had a fantastic time while staying safe. Once we started the river takes about an hour.

If you want a great day with way less people check out Irie Blue Hole. The independent tour operator that I have been using for many years is reasonably prices, safe and exceptionally dependable. They do tours from Falmouth and Ocho Rios. You can do the Blue Hole alone or in combination with river tubing, lunch etc depending on the amount of time you have. I don't know if I can post the tour operator on here but you can email me at namelocg at aol dot come if you would like more info. Enjoy wharever you decide to do.

If you want a great day with way less people check out Irie Blue Hole. The independent tour operator that I have been using for many years is reasonably prices, safe and exceptionally dependable. They do tours from Falmouth and Ocho Rios. You can do the Blue Hole alone or in combination with river tubing, lunch etc depending on the amount of time you have. I don't know if I can post the tour operator on here but you can email me at namelocg at aol dot come if you would like more info. Enjoy wharever you decide to do.

I will second this vote for Irie Blue Hole. (A.K.A "Cool Blue Hole")

It was the most amazing and beautiful outing we've ever done, and we also used a reputable local provider.

I think the cost was less than half of the ship cost.

We love Jamaica have sailed there and stayed in resorts many times , but I would stay on the ship , really dislike location of port , old location was 10 mins from falls, falls also can be super crowded, roads have been improved but still are not good.

So we decided to book a Jamaica excursion! We are really excited. Thanks for everyone’s replies and the advice for the excursions to Good Hope Estate (cruzeluver). We booked the River Tubing and Adventure Falls at Good Hope. The description on Royal’s website says transportation back leaves every 30 minutes and guests can decide to do more activities for a fee. Hopefully this means that if the kids are having a blast at adventure falls that we can stay over the three hours allotted? I guess we will see when we are there. I really appreciate all the advice. We have never cruised, never even been out of the country! So we have no sense of any of this. All I know is what I read, and when I see things about all the crime, etc., it makes me nervous, but I’m so glad you all chimed in with positive words. It made me not want to miss out on any port, and I know I won’t regret going for it!

So we decided to book a Jamaica excursion! We are really excited.

We have never cruised, never even been out of the country! So we have no sense of any of this. All I know is what I read, and when I see things about all the crime, etc., it makes me nervous, but I’m so glad you all chimed in with positive words. It made me not want to miss out on any port, and I know I won’t regret going for it!

Great decision. A wonderful part of cruising is experiencing other cultures. I bet you are going to have a great cruise vacation.

• 2 years later...
On 3/21/2018 at 7:44 PM, FirstAnthem said:

So we decided to book a Jamaica excursion! We are really excited. Thanks for everyone’s replies and the advice for the excursions to Good Hope Estate (cruzeluver). We booked the River Tubing and Adventure Falls at Good Hope. The description on Royal’s website says transportation back leaves every 30 minutes and guests can decide to do more activities for a fee. Hopefully this means that if the kids are having a blast at adventure falls that we can stay over the three hours allotted? I guess we will see when we are there. I really appreciate all the advice. We have never cruised, never even been out of the country! So we have no sense of any of this. All I know is what I read, and when I see things about all the crime, etc., it makes me nervous, but I’m so glad you all chimed in with positive words. It made me not want to miss out on any port, and I know I won’t regret going for it!

I would like to know if you were able to stay more than 3 hours at Adventure Falls
thank you very much