Foam toppers?

Saw a post about foam toppers not being provided but that additional duvet could be requested. How effective is that in softening the bar in the middle when they put two beds together to make a king? That was the only real down side on my first cruise, when DW was all the way over on her side, cuddling was next to impossible because then I was right on top of the stinking frame!😖

Last year on the Anthem I had a terrible backache so I asked our cabin guy to help and at first he brought a board which was too hard but not to worry he said he would bring me a duvet. He did but still too hard. Said he would get another not to worry. Well this kind man continued to add duvets until I was satisfied. Now I am not one to be demanding and I thanked him profusely for his help. He was so gracious and was remembered at end of our cruise. Point is don’t b afraid to ask for help until u r satisfied. He made an unbearable situation bearable for me

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have never had a problem with the bar but the mattresses are like bricks. We are taking our own foam toppers next round. It’s sad that we have to go to this extreme but to pay $2500 and have a back ache for 12 days on the Anthem really put a bee in my bonnet. I’m hoping for a much better outcome on the next one. We had 5 extra duvets on our Anthem bed and it did nothing for the hard mattress. Wishing you the best...

We have never had a problem with the bar but the mattresses are like bricks. We are taking our own foam toppers next round. It’s sad that we have to go to this extreme but to pay $2500 and have a back ache for 12 days on the Anthem really put a bee in my bonnet. I’m hoping for a much better outcome on the next one. We had 5 extra duvets on our Anthem bed and it did nothing for the hard mattress. �� Wishing you the best...

Read a post yesterday that said foam toppers and magnets are being added to the prohibition list.

Read a post yesterday that said foam toppers and magnets are being added to the prohibition list.

It did not say foam toppers were prohibited, just that they were no longer being provided for the sake of sanitation. Suggest you reread the thread.

We bring this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RFG0NM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't have a problem, but my wife does. This is easy to pack. I just have the attendant put it on my wife's side of the bed and the problem is solved.

And a BIG thank you to you for sharing this! These pads are saving us on the cruise we are on now! I was promised a topper.... doesn't exist..... steward placed an extra mattress pad, but no help at all! I had brought these pads just in case..... after an hour of painful sleep, I was blowing these up... and they have given us much restful nights!

It did not say foam toppers were prohibited, just that they were no longer being provided for the sake of sanitation. Suggest you reread the thread.

Sometimes rereading is worthwhile. This is what I read.

RCCL says has no foam toppers and no magnet hooks are allowed on their ships.... And this is how it was typed, not yelling

Sometimes rereading is worthwhile. This is what I read.

RCCL says has no foam toppers and no magnet hooks are allowed on their ships.... And this is how it was typed, not yelling

Actually, that's not what you said at all. Maybe you should try reading what you write.

And a BIG thank you to you for sharing this! These pads are saving us on the cruise we are on now! I was promised a topper.... doesn't exist..... steward placed an extra mattress pad, but no help at all! I had brought these pads just in case..... after an hour of painful sleep, I was blowing these up... and they have given us much restful nights!

Glad they worked for you. FWIW, I think it's so much easier to take personal responsibility and bring your own topper if this is a problem, rather than rely on what you might get aboard. Why take a chance on having this impact your vacation?

We were in a OS and my wife was miserable, so I think the answer is no.

To my knowledge, the only upgraded mattresses are in the Star Class suites on the O and Q classes. I know that the mattresses on the beds in some OS are not separable so maybe those are different from the ones that can be separated. I just know that the mattresses in the SC suites are heavenly.

Glad they worked for you. FWIW, I think it's so much easier to take personal responsibility and bring your own topper if this is a problem, rather than rely on what you might get aboard. Why take a chance on having this impact your vacation?

You are so right.

Re: the inflatable mattress pad a previous poster mentioned: does it pack up really small when deflated? I need a soft bed, so I’m considering getting one of these. We are driving to Liberty again in May, so if it’s pretty compact it wouldn’t be a big deal to take with me.

Re: the supposedly prohibited magnetic hooks: is this referring to the magnetic hooks that some of us take to hang on the wall/door to told lanyards, coats, etc.?? If so, what is the reason behind these behind banned? Just curious.

Thanks to the OP for this thread - very useful.

Re: the inflatable mattress pad a previous poster mentioned: does it pack up really small when deflated? I need a soft bed, so I’m considering getting one of these. We are driving to Liberty again in May, so if it’s pretty compact it wouldn’t be a big deal to take with me.

It's small...I'd say about the size of a small coffee can. I think the specs are on the web page if you want the exact size and weight. We fly, so this was a consideration for us.

It is such a shame that RCI have changed their mattresses, presumably to cheaper ones. When we sailed on Independence ten years ago, I thought the bed was one of the most comfortable I had ever slept on. Fast forward to the Anthem a couple of years ago and I was in agony the first night of sleeping on the hard mattress. Luckily the stewardess found me a topper, but she said it was the last available on the ship, so obviously everybody else had asked for one too! I was ready to leave the ship at the first port of call if no topper had been available. So it looks like I shall have to bring my own in future.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were just there. They do not. When you get there they'll do there best to make you comfortable.

I just received an email in response to my special needs form for a topper for the couch I'll be sleeping on, and RC said they would provide a mattress topper for me.