looking to cruise the med - like advise if Pullmanur are good?

we are looking to cruise the med or Greek islands next year and looking at cruise lines. we never sailed on this line before. as non Spanish speaker from the USA. is a good fit?? looking at Grand suite anyone booked one before? size extra? and do they have there own web site?
You will get much more to what you pay for. It means that the ratio price vs quality is not bad. I don't know what you mean with good fit. All is in Spanish, with English as second language. It's a budget Spanish cruise company which normaly pleases all those wanting a cheap friendly cruise Spanish way.

We are not bad people but note that etiquette may be different specially in terms of noise, food, all time party, late entretainment and timetables.

Ships are old, but well mainteined, and food is just awesome.

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

You will get much more to what you pay for. It means that the ratio price vs quality is not bad. I don't know what you mean with good fit. All is in Spanish, with English as second language. It's a budget Spanish cruise company which normaly pleases all those wanting a cheap friendly cruise Spanish way.

We are not bad people but note that etiquette may be different specially in terms of noise, food, all time party, late entretainment and timetables.

Ships are old, but well mainteined, and food is just awesome.

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for your review! I lived in Spain for a few years so I'm comfortable with Spanish being the main language on board (my husband doesn't speak Spanish, though). And I consider myself a foodie. Looks like their website has more info regarding the food and yay, it looks like great Spanish options! I can't wait to try this cruise line! We will be in Spain next year but not sure how much time we will have so we may have to put this off for another time.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the great reply on the cruise line, we are going to look at booking our first one with them....

I am going solo got a great deal with interesting mediterean ports 7 nites r/t out of barcelona Oct.20.Will post my experience after ny trip

• 2 weeks later...
Please like to hear and see what its like,...we are looking at the same trip from Barcelona

2 nice countdown clocks you have in your signature way to go ! I stareted doing some investigaing WOW the 3 Italian ports sound awesome the 2 islands im just walking /beaches My sis is considering the Mt. /forrest tour on the spanish isle even though she doesnt speak spanish she is goig for the scenery /views:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got back from my third cruise on the Sovereign > Barcelona - Naples - Rome - Livorno - Villafranche - Sete. The itinerary was great - I'd only been to Rome before. NAPLES is the stop for Pompeii and Mount Versuvius. CIVITAVECCHIA the stop for Rome. LIVORNO is the stop for Pisa/Florence (we were advised that in Pisa there is little to see apart from the leaning tower so we opted out of that stop - but Florence - a MUST!). VILLAFRANCHE SUR MER is the stop for Monaco and Nice but the seaside town itself is truly beautiful in it's own right - we stayed in town! The motor yachts in the harbour hint of wealth and class. (Here you are put ashore by tender - make sure you read the going ashore instructions as there is a protocol to follow - info will be in the next day pamphlet put into your cabin the afternoon before). Sete is the stop for Carcasonne. The town itself is low key but quite interesting - we did the canal boat trip which was fun - some of the road bridges you have to go under are about 3 inches from your head!).

The only difference I note now from trips before is that they have made a few key decisions in order to keep costs down - so I guess I cannot complain about the price! That said, the drinks (which are now included for all passengers in the cruise price) are quite weak - indeed my first drink on board which should have been a gin and tonic was tonic and ice - nothing else - I had to order a gin afterwards! This lack of strength to the drinks was a continuing theme. The other thing they have done which is a step backwards for my money is fire a lot of south american staff for eastern european - nothing wrong with that, except their grasp of both Spanish or English was lacking and on many occasions the drinks orders were wrong. That never used to happen.

The Sovereign is an old school cruise ship which you will either love or hate - it's very dated - but it does have a certain charm. I like the fact that there are many outside decks, three of which enable you to walk around the entire ship - not like the modern accommodation blocks on the new boats.

The piano bar (around the funnel) was absolutely freezing on the first two nights, but warm thereafter - this was always the quiet bar which we loved. A bit hairy if it gets rough as you are quite high relative to the sea, but if the weather is good - perfect!

The cabins are comfortable as are the beds. Restaurant staff were wonderful. Food was not plentiful if you're a big eater but delicious. The Carrileras (cheeks) in red wine gravy were divine.

The facial recognition system for the on board photographs worked reasonably well - meaning thousands of photographs that were almost always not wanted (in years previously) are no longer printed - you chose what you want and it gets printed - not cheap mind at €13.99 a shot!

With regard to the Spanish you must accept that yes they are loud - that's the Spanish way! They also don't believe in queuing so be prepared for pushing and queue jumping! That's just the way it is. Accept it, adapt yourself and get stuck in!

We were blessed with the weather so had a great vacation.

Edited by littlenige

Littlenige -

Thanks for coming back to post this! I just got approval for the time off from work to book this cruise for next May. 😁 l really love to be able to walk or jog the whole way around the ship, so that is a definite plus. Everything else we can deal with. I like wine more than mixed drinks, and I’m not too much of a wine snob either :')

Did you find the ship to be crowded? Any other places you would recommend if we were seeking out an area outside for conversation with our glass of wine?

we are looking to cruise the med or Greek islands next year and looking at cruise lines. we never sailed on this line before. as non Spanish speaker from the USA. is a good fit?? looking at Grand suite anyone booked one before? size extra? and do they have there own web site?

Hi:

My husband and I did the Trieste to Athens cruise in June 2018 on Pullman Horizon. We are English speakers from Canada who like being immersed in other cultures. We enjoyed the cruise because we were mainly on it because of the ports of call. The service was very good at bars and at the buffet. We did not care for the diningroom at night because the selection was not as good as the buffet. The shows were fine. The cabin was adequate ( oceanview) much smaller than we are use to but with daily stops at ports it was ok. We went on some of the excursions - Spanish and German ones since there were not enough English passengers for any English tours. The tours were good and very reasonable in price compared to the other cruise lines that we usually use eg Holland America, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian,etc. I was there to take photographs so not understanding all the information given in Spanish was ok with us. We did a lot of research of the places we visited before the cruise so we were well-versed with the places on the tours. Pullmantur does have a website https://old.pullmantur.travel/en/ There is a new version when you go to the old version. BTW We are booked on the Pullman Horizon for Sept 1 2019 as repeat English speaking cruises. Good luck :)

Littlenige -

Thanks for coming back to post this! I just got approval for the time off from work to book this cruise for next May. 😁 l really love to be able to walk or jog the whole way around the ship, so that is a definite plus. Everything else we can deal with. I like wine more than mixed drinks, and I’m not too much of a wine snob either :')

Did you find the ship to be crowded? Any other places you would recommend if we were seeking out an area outside for conversation with our glass of wine?

Hi Kathleen, there were a few times when it felt crowded - the breakfast buffet if you arrive late can be packed. The restaurants are also good for breakfast but are again buffet style. Disembarkation times can be very busy too, but i guess that's normal of any cruise. Overall there is always somewhere for a quiet glass. Piano bar most likely the quietest indoors. Outdoors not so much, although the stern of the ship can be surprisingly quiet at times.

photo.php?fbid=10155552236381836&set=a.10155552234861836&type=3&theater