Carnival Horizon Lido Balcony Cabin...Noisy?

SantanaTto

I have an inside cabin booked on the Horizon but have decided to upgrade to a balcony. Looking at Cabin 10273 which is aft, about 6 cabins from the pool area. I am concerned about the noise from the pool area as they are usually playing loud music all day. Has anyone stayed on this deck and can you hear the music on your balcony? Would Deck 9 be a better choice?

I have stayed in a Lido balcony on the Vista and other ships. To me, it is the best location. On the balcony, it is surprisingly quiet. The only time I heard anything was when they had some events at the pool and I could barely hear it.

I have an inside cabin booked on the Horizon but have decided to upgrade to a balcony. Looking at Cabin 10273 which is aft, about 6 cabins from the pool area. I am concerned about the noise from the pool area as they are usually playing loud music all day. Has anyone stayed on this deck and can you hear the music on your balcony? Would Deck 9 be a better choice?

We have not sailed Horizon yet, but we have sailed Dream 10274, Magic 10277, and Breeze 10277 and 10273, which are very similar in cabin placements. We NEVER heard any noise from outside on Lido in our cabins nor on our balconies. These cabins were fantastic because they were close to buffet and pools and there was very little foot traffic. There was also a "secret" door to get to the pool area. :D

14 of our 24 Carnival cruises were sailed in Lido balconies, two others not on Lido were mistakes and will never again be chosen, and the other eight were on Paradise, Miracle x2, Pride x2, Legend x2, and Fascination. (Fantasy and Spirit class ships were built with no cabins on Lido.) Our two upcoming cruises are booked in Lido balconies.

I hope this reassures you.

DO NOT SWITCH TO DECK 9!!!

I would go forward.