Sea Cloud vs Silversea and age of passengers

npj57

We love Silversea and have enjoyed meeting our fellow passengers on our prior cruises. If you have experienced the Sea Cloud or Sea Cloud II, would love to know (roughly) the average age of the other passengers. Also, as the fares are not published online, I would like to know if a week on this line to Europe is significantly more expensive than a 7 to 10 day cruise on Silversea. We paid about $8000 per passenger for our Baltic and European cruises. I am looking at the maiden voyage of the Sea Cloud Hussar..it looks great.

• 3 weeks later...

It probably depends on the itinerary. I was a youngster at 52 on my last River Cloud trip organized by Academic Arrangements. The Sea Cloud II trip was closer in the age range to my Silversea experiences. I think the sailing ships are more physically rigorous and demanding and may challenge folks that are a little timid about the sailing concept.

I read where people are so sensitive to any movement on a large cruise vessel and reflect on my Sea Cloud sailing experience. Many would not tolerate the smaller ship sailing experience, which for me made it all the more thrilling!

The Sea Cloud sailing ships are a bit more adventurous than a cruise ship. So you will find many people that are "young at heart" and of all ages.

Archived