UPDATED:- ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc.

Skier52

I note in your information that you can ask to have them removed but do you have to give a reason? Can you simply say you don't want to be charged or is it only deducted if you are complaining about the 'service'? :confused:

As you say, it is a Service Charge, cannot be called "tips".

You just can say "I want to delete the Service Charge". According to the law of most (or all, I don´t know) European countries, MSC cannot ask for a reason. Before 2014 MSC did not respect the law and was sued in a couple of countries. That´s the story about it.

• 3 weeks later...
So if one was to purchase the mealtime drink package, if it's available in the buffet, could one go anytime to the buffet and get a glass of wine or beer to go?

No, the "Mealtime" package can only be used during the lunch and dinner times stated on the daily programs. These times are more extensive in the buffet than in the MDRs.

You have to pay for bottled water in the MDRs - they don't serve 'tap' water. However, water, tea & coffee are all available, without cost, 24/7 in the buffet. The water from the tap in your cabin is potable - you could bring a glass of that to lunch/dinner with you.

You can also buy a bottled water package if the all-inclusive drinks package doesn't suit.

😱😱That’s diabolical! I thought everywhere on land or sea had to offer a free jug or carafe of “tap” water, it’s a health concern if folks do not hydrate sufficiently, especially in a warm climate. On NCL & RCCL there’s always fresh iced water poured from a jug by wait staff in restaurants & we fill our water bottles( from our glasses ) to keep hydrated through the day. We like an alcoholic drink as much as anyone else but are fully aware of the need to drink plenty of water. To only serve bottled water with meals is appalling.

😱😱That’s diabolical! I thought everywhere on land or sea had to offer a free jug or carafe of “tap” water, it’s a health concern if folks do not hydrate sufficiently, especially in a warm climate.

That's why water is available 24/7 in the buffet.

If you think that's "diabolical", get this: those from the US (and Canada?) get FREE bottled water in the MDRs on MSC ships!!!! They obviously made enough noise and MSC is trying to grow its market share in the region so their voices are heard in MSC HQ. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

That's why water is available 24/7 in the buffet.

If you think that's "diabolical", get this: those from the US (and Canada?) get FREE bottled water in the MDRs on MSC ships!!!! They obviously made enough noise and MSC is trying to grow its market share in the region so their voices are heard in MSC HQ. :rolleyes:

Since when? I don't know any restaurant (land or sea) or cruise ship which provides free bottled water. Heck, MSC still sells bottled water on the ship - either by single bottles, or via bottled water package).

Since when? I don't know any restaurant (land or sea) or cruise ship which provides free bottled water. Heck, MSC still sells bottled water on the ship - either by single bottles, or via bottled water package).

Sailing on Seaview in September 2018 (Italy, Malta, Spain, France), booked February 2018 with MSC Cruises USA. The booking overview of my reservation AUREA Suite shows "MINERAL WATER IN DINING ROOM Included".

Sailing on Seaview in September 2018 (Italy, Malta, Spain, France), booked February 2018 with MSC Cruises USA. The booking overview of my reservation AUREA Suite shows "MINERAL WATER IN DINING ROOM Included".

I though the post about "free water in MDR" was for cruises in the Caribbean. The Seaview isn't sailing in the Caribbean!

Pete,

As usual you are a wealth of valuable information! :D:Dclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Mum and I are sailing on Meraviglia in April and just wondering if MSC still offer happy hours?

I sailed on her Sept last year, and was not aware of any happy hours, but saying that I was in the Yacht Club.

So any info on the daily programs pertaining to happy hours would not appear on the YC version,

I've seen very little mention of it on the forums,

there is a whole thread about it on this link

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2543480&highlight=happy+hour

It doesn't look to me as though there is any consistency as to what is a happy hour,

The All Inclusive package is a very good deal (IMHO).

Pte

Enjoy your cruise Shelly

😱😱That’s diabolical! I thought everywhere on land or sea had to offer a free jug or carafe of “tap” water, it’s a health concern if folks do not hydrate sufficiently, especially in a warm climate. On NCL & RCCL there’s always fresh iced water poured from a jug by wait staff in restaurants & we fill our water bottles( from our glasses ) to keep hydrated through the day. We like an alcoholic drink as much as anyone else but are fully aware of the need to drink plenty of water. To only serve bottled water with meals is appalling.

No free water in restaurants in Europe or in other countries outside the USA. If you want to stay hydrated you just have to purchase the water. As simple as that.

Ivi

there is a whole thread about it on this link

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2543480&highlight=happy+hour

It doesn't look to me as though there is any consistency as to what is a happy hour,

The All Inclusive package is a very good deal (IMHO).

Thankyou, as we're only doing a 2 night sailing the AI package wasn't available (Only for 4+ nts apparently clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744) so we booked the mealtime drinks package and are were just wondering if there was any other way of saving money ;p...

No free water in restaurants in Europe or in other countries outside the USA. If you want to stay hydrated you just have to purchase the water. As simple as that.

Ivi

With the exception of Tappanyaki, we got free bottled water in every restaurant we ate in.

• 4 weeks later...

Ivi

Rubbish....we travel extensively throughout UK, Europe, Australia & you can always ask for a jug/carafe of "tap" water & it will be served to you free of charge. A recent survey of bottled waters in UK has shown many contain small particles of plastic...I will stick to my "tap" supply.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Rubbish....we travel extensively throughout UK, Europe, Australia & you can always ask for a jug/carafe of "tap" water & it will be served to you free of charge. A recent survey of bottled waters in UK has shown many contain small particles of plastic...I will stick to my "tap" supply.

I agree.

What about on board MSC?

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to find this info but couldn't. First time on MSC, booked Yacht Club. Everything I read says that ALL BEVERAGES ARE INCLUDED. I've seen some drink menus that have Super Premium spirits, ie: Bookers Bourbon (my bourbon of choice, since I can't get Four Roses) available for purchase in The Yacht Club only. Is it included or not? Thanks for any help.

Tried to find this info but couldn't. First time on MSC, booked Yacht Club. Everything I read says that ALL BEVERAGES ARE INCLUDED. I've seen some drink menus that have Super Premium spirits, ie: Bookers Bourbon (my bourbon of choice, since I can't get Four Roses) available for purchase in The Yacht Club only. Is it included or not? Thanks for any help.

If you go to this thread and look at post #5 and #6 you will find a YC drinks list

as you go down you will find wines and spirits with prices against them. these are not included in the package that comes with the cruise fare

link to the thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2556048&highlight=drinks+list

this is a Mediterranean list and will differ slightly in some of the available brands

Pete

We deciding between a suite and 2 balcony cabins. Can I check if there are any additional privileges for Suite guests (not Yacht Club) as compared to Balcony guests, both being on the Aurea package? I can’t seem to find any info on the web... is there no difference? All help appreciated.

Edited by 4 Cruise Fans
Additional info.

We deciding between a suite and 2 balcony cabins. Can I check if there are any additional privileges for Suite guests (not Yacht Club) as compared to Balcony guests, both being on the Aurea package? I can’t seem to find any info on the web... is there no difference? All help appreciated.

There are no extra privileges for suite guests other than those which come with the AUREA experience.

The choice is merely the type of cabin, ie some have Jacuzzis on the balcony, (on some ships).There are larger balconies on the Seaside on deck 9 and on the aft cabins.

Pete

Thanks!

Is it true that booked guest in any class of cabin, Balcony or Duplex, is able to upgrade to Yacht Club? Is the upgrade charge per cabin or per guest? Any rough estimate?

You can upgrade by paying the difference in fares, based on a minimum of 2 sharing, (3rd/4th guests will pay the difference in their fares).

as an example I did a dummy booking on MSC Seaside for 29th Sept 2018 ( the first random date that had YC availability

balcony with AUREA £1099pp ( $1691)

Suite with AUREA £1399pp :( $1959)

YC £ 1649 ($2309)

so it costs $350pp to go from a suite to YC

and $618pp to go from an Aurea balcony to YC

By any chance, have you seen any reviews on the set-in cabins on deck 14 that are directly below the pool deck? Unsure if to take it up. I know they’re normally expected to be noisy but was hoping to read an actual review from past guests (noisy, AC temp., ...) but failed to find any. Any idea where I can look?