Pedicab tour VS Horse drawn Carriage ride

Hi everyone,

Will be in Victoria for about 5 hours in the evening early June.

Trying to decide between the 2 1/2 hour Pedicab tour or a 90 minute carriage ride.

Of course I would make reservations for either one in advance.

Carriage ride looks elegant but it doesn't seem like they let you stop and get out for photos like the pedicab does, and the Pedicab goes to Chinatown.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!!

I think the pedicab can go to places that the horse drawn carriages can't.

As soon as you get off the ship, there are pedicabs just a few hundred feet from the gangplank - I wonder if you are able to "haggle" with them on the price as to what you want to do/see vs booking in advance. We went in September and the Ruby Princess was also docked but there plenty of them there - not sure if the time of year had anything to do with it. We also just took a cab to Chinatown ($12 CDN) had dinner and then walked back so we can't really comment......

I think the pedicab can go to places that the horse drawn carriages can't.

As soon as you get off the ship, there are pedicabs just a few hundred feet from the gangplank - I wonder if you are able to "haggle" with them on the price as to what you want to do/see vs booking in advance. We went in September and the Ruby Princess was also docked but there plenty of them there - not sure if the time of year had anything to do with it. We also just took a cab to Chinatown ($12 CDN) had dinner and then walked back so we can't really comment......

I was wondering about the negotiation of the price on the spot as well, however there will be four of us and one has some mobility restrictions and we are wanting to do the 2 1/2 hour tour.

Im also in charge of all the planning based on my families input.. This is their first time cruising and first time to Alaska, Seattle, British Columbia etc.... no pressure!!! hahah.:o

The information I found says that a cruise ship special rate for the pedicab is from $90.00 per person. To me, that is insane. Do you know what you could do for $400.00 in Victoria? Holy smokes! :oYou could rent a car, go to the Butchart Gardens, and have dinner for less than that.

Just sharing my sticker shock, is all..... ;)

http://www.victoriatours.net/en

The information I found says that a cruise ship special rate for the pedicab is from $90.00 per person. To me, that is insane. Do you know what you could do for $400.00 in Victoria? Holy smokes! :oYou could rent a car, go to the Butchart Gardens, and have dinner for less than that.

Just sharing my sticker shock, is all..... ;)

http://www.victoriatours.net/en

hahah yes that would be way too much I agree!! however that is in Canadian dollars, the US conversation rate comes out to about $71 PP.

Family is not interested in a car rental or the Gardens, and the gardens can only be purchased through the ship at that time of year.

thank you and im grateful for all the input!:D

hahah yes that would be way too much I agree!! however that is in Canadian dollars, the US conversation rate comes out to about $71 PP. :D

Yes, I suppose so. :D

There is lots to do in the downtown area. Victoria is magnificent (I lived there for 35 years). I think the 2 1/2 hour pedi-cab is just too long, if you want my advice. It just is. This board has literally hundreds of threads on Victoria and what to do; you could use the Search Forum function in the upper right hand corner of the main page for more ideas.

Yes, I suppose so. :D

There is lots to do in the downtown area. Victoria is magnificent (I lived there for 35 years). I think the 2 1/2 hour pedi-cab is just too long, if you want my advice. It just is. This board has literally hundreds of threads on Victoria and what to do; you could use the Search Forum function in the upper right hand corner of the main page for more ideas.

Thank you very much! I sure will.

Have someone in my party that has to use a cane to walk and is limited in mobility.