Gibbs Hill Lighthouse - #7 bus vs. #8 bus

adonisr

Is one any better of a choice than the other coming from the Dockyard. I'm thinking that the majority of people will be getting on the #7 to go to the beaches, so maybe it would be easier to catch the #8?

Is one any better of a choice than the other coming from the Dockyard. I'm thinking that the majority of people will be getting on the #7 to go to the beaches, so maybe it would be easier to catch the #8?

At the Dockyard usually everyone is lined up together at the bus stop. If a #8 comes first you could get on it if comes before a #7 if you are going to the Lighthouse. Most in line would be waiting for a 7 to go to the beaches. The size of the line depends on the time.

From the bus stop on either the Middle Road or South Road to the Lighthouse you have a walk on local roads to the Lighthouse. I didn’t do it from the Middle Road but I have read that the walk from the Middle Road is more difficult than the walk from the South Road. So you might want to take that into account. The # 7 might be the better choice because of that walk but I can’t say for sure. I did it from the #7 because I visited the Lighthouse coming back from Horseshoe Bay. Whichever bus you end up on be sure to ask the bus driver to tell you when the bus is at the stop for the Lighthouse. On the #7 route the Henry VIII restaurant is at the bus stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the Dockyard usually everyone is lined up together at the bus stop. If a #8 comes first you could get on it if comes before a #7 if you are going to the Lighthouse. Most in line would be waiting for a 7 to go to the beaches. The size of the line depends on the time.

From the bus stop on either the Middle Road or South Road to the Lighthouse you have a walk on local roads to the Lighthouse. I didn’t do it from the Middle Road but I have read that the walk from the Middle Road is more difficult than the walk from the South Road. So you might want to take that into account. The # 7 might be the better choice because of that walk but I can’t say for sure. I did it from the #7 because I visited the Lighthouse coming back from Horseshoe Bay. Whichever bus you end up on be sure to ask the bus driver to tell you when the bus is at the stop for the Lighthouse. On the #7 route the Henry VIII restaurant is at the bus stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks